Author Topic: ATLANTEAN ORDERING INFORMATION (not til Friday)  (Read 7670 times)

munchiaz

Re: ATLANTEAN ORDERING INFORMATION (not til Friday)
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2014, 09:35:49 AM »
aww yeah.

TheClash603

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2014, 11:59:11 AM »
Very cool!

Sucks my phone broke and now I only can check the internetz when I am on my computer.  Hopefully I get into the top 200 at least :P

Out of curiosity, how many copies of your CD games did you sell?  Do you think you will eventually be able to create that many Atlanteans, assuming there is the same demand?

Elder

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2014, 01:03:18 PM »
Can't wait!  :)

Mishran

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2014, 01:09:41 PM »
Will you be making the ROM available ahead of time to those who already paid? Wouldn't mind putting some time into the game this weekend since I'll have nothing better I'll want to do.

FiftyQuid

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2014, 01:26:32 PM »
Cool Daddy-o!
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2014, 03:12:01 PM »
Very cool!

Sucks my phone broke and now I only can check the internetz when I am on my computer.  Hopefully I get into the top 200 at least :P

Out of curiosity, how many copies of your CD games did you sell?  Do you think you will eventually be able to create that many Atlanteans, assuming there is the same demand?

Between the broken/freebie demo/lost in mail replacement Insanitys, we've probably sold around 300.

Pyramid Plunder, somewhere less than that, but getting close?  The sales taper off and then you sell one every few months, basically.  If that

We can do that with the cards, and probably more, since they sell better I am assuming.

as for the ROM, I am still planning how I want to do that.  I will probably put your name/address/etc. in the ROM file so if the thing shows up online, everyone will know where to go to punch someone in the nuts.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

mrhaboobi

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2014, 03:13:37 PM »
tomorrow is only 10 hours away from me.  That's right biatches I live in the future :).. not that its going to help this time around :)
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

synbiosfan

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2014, 03:56:38 PM »
I'm very excited about this!!!! :clap:

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2014, 04:33:10 PM »
August 9th 2014, the day the internet shut down due to too many orders, rush rush rush, gotta get Atlantean!!! :D

BTW, when we order, are you going to have us put down our PCEFX user names in the payment, to ensure it's us "goons"? :)

Dicer

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2014, 05:54:52 PM »
Very cool!

Between the broken/freebie demo/lost in mail replacement Insanitys, we've probably sold around 300.

Pyramid Plunder, somewhere less than that, but getting close?  The sales taper off and then you sell one every few months, basically.  If that

We can do that with the cards, and probably more, since they sell better I am assuming.

as for the ROM, I am still planning how I want to do that.  I will probably put your name/address/etc. in the ROM file so if the thing shows up online, everyone will know where to go to punch someone in the nuts.

Lol I love this idea...

NightWolve

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2014, 06:12:28 PM »

I'm against the idea until you finish selling all the physical products, but if you're gonna do this, better encrypt the data somehow obviously. Nobody, the leaker included, should be able to see it. If it happens, it should be reported to you with the ROM image link for you to download, decrypt and then reveal who it was, etc. Even so, afterwards you publish the jerk's name, address, and then what ? Damage is still done...

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2014, 06:18:57 PM »
August 9th 2014, the day the internet shut down due to too many orders, rush rush rush, gotta get Atlantean!!! :D

BTW, when we order, are you going to have us put down our PCEFX user names in the payment, to ensure it's us "goons"? :)

Yes.

I'm against the idea until you finish selling all the physical products, but if you're gonna do this, better encrypt the data somehow obviously. Nobody, the leaker included, should be able to see it. If it happens, it should be reported to you with the ROM image link for you to download, decrypt and then reveal who it was, etc. Even so, afterwards you publish the jerk's name, address, and then what ? Damage is still done...

The first batch is already technically sold out, and there aren't even enough for this entire forum basically.

I don't want to hose you gimps. 

having the ROM out there won't impact anything.   The people who really care about this crap are who this item was made for, and they'd buy it even with free ROMs dangling in front of them.

[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Dicer

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2014, 06:19:28 PM »
The best method would to have some coded serial tied to the user, nothing that stands out and could be easily stripped out, hide it in the code itself.

Much easier to search for an address string than some random number

nodtveidt

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2014, 08:10:53 PM »
NightWolve, what you say would apply in any other community... here in PCE land, people give a damn. Hell, my team's game was ripped and pirated only a few months after its release and we still sold the thing out because the people in this scene are so supportive. Having a ROM image out in the open isn't going to change anything; the people in this scene will still support Aetherbyte because they give a damn about homebrew and the people who make it. Can't say the same about other communities... this is one of the many things that makes this community so special.

NightWolve

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2014, 08:27:06 PM »
NightWolve, what you say would apply in any other community... here in PCE land, people give a damn. Hell, my team's game was ripped and pirated only a few months after its release and we still sold the thing out because the people in this scene are so supportive. Having a ROM image out in the open isn't going to change anything; the people in this scene will still support Aetherbyte because they give a damn about homebrew and the people who make it. Can't say the same about other communities... this is one of the many things that makes this community so special.

Well, you had the disadvantage of the CD format with Mysterious Song, so guaranteed pirating by ANY customer as soon as it arrived. In this case, it takes a customer with a HuCard reader/dumper. When it comes to SNES and Genesis, I've seen those things for sale, but, I've never seen one for NEC products... They exist obviously, but I think pretty damn rare and certainly rare relative to SNES/Genesis. Point is, you have a temporary anti-piracy situation with a HuCard and if it was me, I'd take full advantage of it. Yeah, it could get dumped eventually, but odds are much in favor that it'd take a lot longer than a new fan SNES or Genesis cart.

I know peeps here are very generous and supportive, but yeah, all it takes is one guy... At the same time, we still get sharks, backstabbers, reselling profiteers, etc. floating around here all the same (e.g. the guy that took Bonknuts' Megaman work and made a CD out of it without any permission), so it's not a 100% thing.

Anyway, from what Arkhan says, he will be sold out of the physical versions by the time it's all said and done based on the demand he's gauging and what they're going to produce, so I guess it's kinda moot. Still, I would've just gotten the full production run out of the way, sold it all off, and then did some digital option, etc.