Author Topic: Does this make me a bad person?  (Read 2413 times)

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
Re: Does this make me a bad person?
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2014, 03:50:10 AM »
Thing is, MM is one of those titles that may just wind up falling in your lap in a raffle or sweet deal found on these forums.  It's a title that you should be able to snag for around $10, so it's not like it'll cost you an arm and a leg to own a hard copy.

Now that you've played the original a TON of times, you should move onto Neo Military Madness!!!
http://archives.tg-16.com/Dengeki_PC_Engine_1994_09.htm
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 03:53:15 AM by _joshuaTurbo »

Paddyfitz18

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2014, 07:02:41 AM »
One thing about Military Madness is that I find it is uniquely well-suited to be played on my phone.  I have an hour train ride back and forth to work.  During that time I've played alot, ALOT, of MM using an emulator app.  The turn-based style allows it to be very playable on a phone touchscreen, as opposed to virtually any other TG16/PCE game I can think of, or have tried on my phone, which really require tactile buttons for it to be enjoyable. 

Now I guess there is something you can buy for your phone's touchscreen, like a rubber d-pad that sticks on the screen, or something similar to a "condom" with the buttons molded into it, that you wrap around the entire phone somehow.  I haven't really looked into these at all, but really they don't sound that appealing to me either.

But as far as Military Madness goes, in all honesty that is one game I play almost exclusively on my phone. 

Actually, one of my dreams is that an exact conversion of Military Madness would emerge as an app that you could play against others online.  Sorta like this game:

http://www.uniwar.com/

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2014, 08:09:28 AM »
Now I guess there is something you can buy for your phone's touchscreen, like a rubber d-pad that sticks on the screen, or something similar to a "condom" with the buttons molded into it, that you wrap around the entire phone somehow.  I haven't really looked into these at all, but really they don't sound that appealing to me either.

You could be like nully and get a 'real' controller:

U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Paddyfitz18

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2014, 08:39:09 AM »

O.K. that's a nice setup.  If there was a way I could get away with that at work, I would be all over it.

mitsuman

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2014, 08:46:16 AM »
Thing is, MM is one of those titles that may just wind up falling in your lap in a raffle or sweet deal found on these forums.  It's a title that you should be able to snag for around $10, so it's not like it'll cost you an arm and a leg to own a hard copy.

Now that you've played the original a TON of times, you should move onto Neo Military Madness!!!
http://archives.tg-16.com/Dengeki_PC_Engine_1994_09.htm
thanks for the recommendation.

o.pwuaioc

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2014, 03:56:18 PM »
Thing is, MM is one of those titles that may just wind up falling in your lap in a raffle
Ha! You can say that again.

eldritch

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2015, 06:41:27 PM »
I hate digital.
And smartphones. My phone is dumb. It just phones.
I use a crt real cards or cds on real hardware.
Emulation stinks

esteban

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2015, 12:21:54 AM »
Hahahahahshashs.
  |    | 

Medic_wheat

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2015, 01:12:33 AM »

Tatsujin

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2015, 02:57:38 AM »
virtual what?
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Sarumaru

• I hate you all.
    • FX Unit Yuki Official Website
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2015, 09:57:04 AM »

That controller is sooo cutes :3  i wannit
:yuki: "Go forth, FX-Unit Yuki!" http://www.fxunityuki.com
            Available NOW for the PC Engine and Dreamcast!

jtucci31

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2015, 03:59:21 AM »

I was just asking Null about this controller the other day. I've been thinking about getting one just for convenience. Sadly, i don't have my Express with me wherever i go, but of course my damn phone is always in my front right pocket.

http://www.amazon.com/Impulse-Universal-Controller-Smartphones-Computers/dp/B00GOKV98M

It's $30 which seems a bit high, but Null claims it is worth it. Not sure how serious you were about wanting it, but i figured just in case.

Sarumaru

• I hate you all.
    • FX Unit Yuki Official Website
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2015, 10:41:09 AM »

I was just asking Null about this controller the other day. I've been thinking about getting one just for convenience. Sadly, i don't have my Express with me wherever i go, but of course my damn phone is always in my front right pocket.

http://www.amazon.com/Impulse-Universal-Controller-Smartphones-Computers/dp/B00GOKV98M

It's $30 which seems a bit high, but Null claims it is worth it. Not sure how serious you were about wanting it, but i figured just in case.

*GASP* they make it in WHITE. *purchased*

Thanks tucci!
:yuki: "Go forth, FX-Unit Yuki!" http://www.fxunityuki.com
            Available NOW for the PC Engine and Dreamcast!