Author Topic: 'Django' Actress Daniele Watts Goes on Offensive  (Read 287 times)

Medic_wheat

'Django' Actress Daniele Watts Goes on Offensive
« on: September 15, 2014, 07:05:53 AM »
 Really?

Really?

The police explain why they are asking you to ID yourself and you make it into a civial rights rasisim I am famous and have a publisher thing? Lets not mention you then said you were calling your father and threw in a I have a sick grandmother. Sigh.

What is wrong with you semi famius peopke and wanting to be above regular people when it comes to the law. Or cops.

celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/daniele-watts-goes-on-the-offensive-after-being-detained-by-lapd-for-heavy-pda-170420117.html

« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 08:48:24 AM by Medic_wheat »

Opethian

Re: 'Django' Actress Daniele Watts Goes on Offensive
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 08:08:37 AM »
Shes pretty nasty looking I wouldn't want to see her having sex in a car either. LAPD made the correct call on this one. Almost makes up for Rodney King....almost

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 08:38:38 AM »
Just another dumb actor/actress with an unearned sense of entitlement. 
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

MrBroadway

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 01:51:13 PM »
removed
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 12:04:39 PM by o.pwuaioc »

Opethian

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 02:19:45 PM »
how is kissing "heavy PDA"?

o.pwuaioc I know you are a big Tarantino fan but c'mon don't bullshit me

:D

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me

Medic_wheat

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 03:33:48 PM »
Sex in a car? Bullshit. They were kissing on a park bench. The police put her ndcuffs and then let her go. You are not obligated to produce your "papers" for the police.

And Jesus Christ, Medic, learn to spell, please. "civial" "rasisim"

Learn to spell. On my to do list.

Actually you seem to have not read the artical. Or watched the video of the couple veing interviewed.

In LA under probable cause you have to provide identification to a cop. He even told the actress before it escalated.

He was redponding to a call/complaint made by the office workers that could see the couple in their car. It was never touched on afterwords but clearly it wasn't heavy kissing.

Then only after she goes on some social justice warrior crusade she is interviewed and read state law that reiterated ehst the officer told her before she was held or handcuffed. She then asked if she regreated how she responded to the cop and she flat out couldn't adnit she was wrong.

MrBroadway

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 04:01:54 PM »
Where is the probable cause? Some people saw something, but when the officers arrived on the scene, what was going on? If they had her in handcuffs, why didn't they actually make an arrest?

Also, no, police do not have that right.

If the situation turns out to be that simple, the answer would be absolutely not. “There’s no question that, in California, failure to provide identification upon an officer’s request is not, in and of itself, basis to detain or arrest someone,” Peter Bibring, a staff attorney for the ACLU of Southern California, told International Business Times.

So what is probable cause, and does it matter? Bibring said it can matter, but he’s not so sure the officer had probable cause in this situation. “There are times when an officer is conducting an investigation and the person’s identity might be relevant to that investigation,” he said. “In this case, though, it’s difficult to see how her identification is relevant to any indecent exposure.”

Edit: Also, just because someone is annoying or entitled does not mean that we should be rooting for the police to abrogate their rights.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 04:11:54 PM by o.pwuaioc »

Sadler

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 04:41:02 PM »
Threads like this make it obvious I'm getting old. :( Anyone that knew me in college would attest that I have a serious distaste for LE. Having said that, I have no sympathy for the couple here. Protip: if you find yourself explaining that you know your rights to an LEO, you probably don't.

Serious protip: Minimize your exposure, always. FFS. Don't play lawyer with these guys. Say as little as possible and end the interaction as soon as possible. If it escalates, you need people that are more skilled than you.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 05:26:15 PM »
I don't know in the article they stated she was asked for ID for probable cause. She was arrested based on leaving the sceen.

Based purely on "D's" account her boyfriends and video during the altercation the officer came off as reasonable polite and patient for D to give him the same curtesy.

He didn't care who she was or her color. He simply said he was there to check on a complaint and they were a couple in a car most likely ID by the security guard who asked them to leave and was dismissed and laughed at.

If anything he was annoyed the whole situation became more drawn out then he felt needed. Most likely he was going to play peacekeeper do the bare minimum check ID ask them to tone it down or to please go somewhere more private and be on his way.

But nope. Someone had to pull a list of excuses from I have a publisher to I have a sick grandmother.

Come on. That's no way to act.

pulstar

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 05:22:13 AM »
In other (more interesting) news - Don't try and palm a Pop Tart off as cocaine. It can get you arrested for supplying a counterfeit controlled substance.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2752650/North-Carolina-man-arrested-selling-crushed-Pop-Tart-cocaine-undercover-agent.html?%3Fito%3D=social-twitter_dailymailus
My favourite pigeon had a fatal run-in with a cloud...