Author Topic: Pc Engine collections  (Read 5876 times)

cozzie

Pc Engine collections
« on: June 18, 2006, 04:41:31 AM »
I could not find a thread in here like this so I thought I could start one. It will be good to see other Pc engine fans collections.
You can check mine out here along with my other stuff.

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a25/neozeed/?

sunteam_paul

The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

cozzie

Pc Engine collections
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 05:50:23 AM »
Sorry about that.

LMS

Pc Engine collections
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 12:18:01 PM »
Man alive!!!!!!    :shock:

Nice work Cozzie. I only buy/collect retro japanese games/systems (don't really play them these days, it's more of a nostalgia thing) and that is possibly one of the most stunning sights I've ever seen.

Let me know the minute you decide to sell any stuff you have two of.

Tatsujin

Pc Engine collections
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 02:15:57 PM »
some of my soft after moving the flat :messie:  :)

some stuff snaped on the 1st swiss pce offline back in '04:

momotaro HuCard & CD sleeve folder

just bought a mint copy of bazaaru de gozaaru no geemu de gozaaru :drunken: :oops:

Hudson Vol. 1~61 (minus 28/46) complete (pix picked from hudson.co.jp):

H.R. Giger signed necromancer:

thanx tatsujin :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

esteban

Pc Engine collections
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 03:18:31 PM »
Jesus Christ, I can't tell you how jealous I am. Holy cr*p. Why do you folks tease us? Seriously? I'd be happy with ONE copy of Sylphia, godammit.

And I LOVE that someone had Giger sign the Necromancer cover art. Did he sign the HuCard as well (that would be icing on the cake)?

And, I love the Momotaro HuCard and CD sleeve folder.... in our recent thread on HuCard folders, NONE of us has found a nice solution for adding the instruction booklets (not that it is necessary, of course). Sure, the folks with the large binders might have a simple solution, but the smaller binders / cases don't accomodate the manuals too well.

Goddam. You and cozzie and a bunch of other folks (dj898, for instance) just have too much. I can't handle it. I'm drooling. Sad but true.
  |    | 

Tatsujin

Pc Engine collections
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 03:41:21 PM »
Quote from: "stevek666"
And I LOVE that someone had Giger sign the Necromancer cover art. Did he sign the HuCard as well (that would be icing on the cake)?

oh..for sure i asked him for that (where the card-owners name can be placed) and his answer was something like that: "this is just a piece of pastic shit which i really don't like to sign, because it's really disagreeable to me"! *haha*

and when he took the booklet from me, he also asked me what's all about that? because he couldn't remember him self that he ever agreed with anyone that this artwork can be used for something like that. so i explained him, that this soft already is about 16 years old and may be you just can't remember. so he just shaked his head and signed it commentless! *hehe*
www.pcedaisakusen.net

esteban

Pc Engine collections
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 07:09:41 PM »
Quote from: "Tatsujin"
Quote from: "stevek666"

oh..for sure i asked him for that (where the card-owners name can be placed) and his answer was something like that: "this is just a piece of pastic shit which i really don't like to sign, because it's really disagreeable to me"! *haha*

and when he took the booklet from me, he also asked me what's all about that? because he couldn't remember him self that he ever agreed with anyone that this artwork can be used for something like that. so i explained him, that this soft already is about 16 years old and may be you just can't remember. so he just shaked his head and signed it commentless! *hehe*
Holy crap! Wicked awesome story. On the HuCard, at least, there is a copyright notice that the illustration is from Giger. I was always annoyed by that notice because the text covered up the bottom of the image on the HuCard, which was already too small.

So *you* were the one who had Giger sign it, huh? Brilliant! As your account reveals, there are few (*if any*) Necromancer games signed by Mr. Giger. Brilliant!
  |    | 

Tatsujin

Pc Engine collections
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 09:19:45 PM »
another Giger story, when he came to our town man years before to sign all kind of his weird stuff, a friend of mine gave him a video game mag which contains a test of alien 3 for SNES/SFC as well as an alien 3 artwork on the front cover.
then he took the mag, turned over some pages, shaked his head again and said something like:"what do all those pople with my creatures nowadays? i have no controll about it"! weird weird :lol:
www.pcedaisakusen.net

esteban

Pc Engine collections
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2006, 06:25:51 AM »
Quote from: "Tatsujin"
another Giger story, when he came to our town man years before to sign all kind of his weird stuff, a friend of mine gave him a video game mag which contains a test of alien 3 for SNES/SFC as well as an alien 3 artwork on the front cover.
then he took the mag, turned over some pages, shaked his head again and said something like:"what do all those pople with my creatures nowadays? i have no controll about it"! weird weird :lol:
Seriously, it must be pretty crazy to know that your art became such a big part of pop culture, worldwide. Granted, it took a Hollywood blockbusters like Alien / Aliens to start things off, along with Konami's huge success with Contra, but still... pretty crazy.

Moreso because Mr. Giger probably isn't the biggest video game connoiseur: it is a realm that his art permeates yet is unfamiliar to him. That's gotta be odd.

Too bad Giger's more risque art hasn't made it into some mainstream films. That would be pretty wild.
  |    | 

Keranu

Pc Engine collections
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2006, 10:57:29 PM »
Will post more thoughts later but MAN.... Tatsujin your collection is NICE!  :D
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

cozzie

Pc Engine collections
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2006, 03:23:08 AM »
I,ll second that!! :D

Keranu

Pc Engine collections
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2006, 04:24:06 PM »
That HR Giger stuff blows my mind and it's wickedly awesome that you have your Necromancer PCE game signed by him!!!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Tatsujin

Pc Engine collections
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2006, 05:17:33 PM »
oh that was a very easy part to do that. because he's living just next to our town somewhere (where i lived before), and swiss is a very very small village anyway, so from time to time he was hired by a bookstore e.g for the signing of any kind of his stuff, so i just had the idea to let to sign my necromancer from him, that's it ;)
www.pcedaisakusen.net

MotherGunner

Pc Engine collections
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 06:01:00 PM »
Son of a THOUSAND MOTHERS!

Tatsujin sell me a Sapphire!

Cozzie sell me a Coryoon!

For God's sake PLEASE!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)