Author Topic: "Let's Compare: Ninja Spirit"  (Read 697 times)

Dicer

Re: "Let's Compare: Ninja Spirit"
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2014, 09:30:04 AM »
Rare case when a home version is better...

Turbo>Arcade>Gameboy>>>C=64>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything else.

64 version is impressive as is the Gameboy considering, those ST/Amiga version got butchered though.

esteban

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2014, 09:43:26 AM »

I love Ninja Spirit's PCE tunes...but that arcade FM though...

The arcade tunes are nearly as PCE-perfect as the PCE tunes.

Pretty nice.

Is that what you meant? :lol:

Hahaha. I meant what I said and said what I meant. :)

But there is a nice logic to your post as well. :)
  |    | 

imparanoic

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2014, 12:40:23 PM »
apart from the Gameboy version, which is also made by irem,  the computer version was made by English developers - poorly made with little dedication for quality, look at the street fighter2  and ghouls and ghost , back in the early 90's the difference in quality between Japanese and western developers was immense ) but there were a few odd decent western developers, but the tide started to change from playstation era.

even worse thing about the home version, only a single action button ( though late in amiga lifespan, second button was implemented)

Arjak

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2014, 03:52:26 PM »
I'm not at all a graphics whore, but if I ever met a person who bought a ZX Spectrum for gaming back in the day, I would definitely point at them and laugh. Loudly. :lol:
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

fragmare

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2014, 05:35:55 PM »

64 version is impressive as is the Gameboy considering, those ST/Amiga version got butchered though.

Eh, it's a close call between the original Irem arcade game and the TG16 version, but I'd say the arcade is slightly better.  Much like R-Type.  Irem were gods at porting their stuff to the TG16, though, for sure.

And if you say the TG16 version is better because it has the 5-hit life counter, you obviously don't know what it means to run with the wolves.  ;)

esteban

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2014, 09:57:05 PM »
Run with the wolves.
  |    | 

Paddyfitz18

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2014, 03:04:42 AM »
apart from the Gameboy version, which is also made by irem,  the computer version was made by English developers - poorly made with little dedication for quality, look at the street fighter2  and ghouls and ghost , back in the early 90's the difference in quality between Japanese and western developers was immense ) but there were a few odd decent western developers, but the tide started to change from playstation era.

Interesting observation.

reno5

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2014, 03:30:26 AM »
Nice find. Always interesting to see how the same game is being ported.

gameboy version looks good.

Dicer

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2014, 05:23:46 AM »

Eh, it's a close call between the original Irem arcade game and the TG16 version, but I'd say the arcade is slightly better.  Much like R-Type.  Irem were gods at porting their stuff to the TG16, though, for sure.

And if you say the TG16 version is better because it has the 5-hit life counter, you obviously don't know what it means to run with the wolves.  ;)

Nope, not the lives, some of the best obey music pours out of that chip, and is just a delight to listen to, also control is spot on. It almost feels like the arcade is the port, TBH