Tech and Homebrew > Turbo/PCE Game/Tool Development

Graphic, Sound, & Coding Tips / Tricks / Effects / Etc. Tools for development

<< < (2/37) > >>

touko:

--- Quote ---Touko, do you have a game engine that handles object to map collision... for slopes? Maybe something along the lines of Sonic or Mario?
--- End quote ---
Yes i have, it's (for now) 200 cycles for testing a 32x16 sprites with bg tiles, i tested this routine for flappy bird SGX ..
The slow part is to translate the player's coordinates X/Y in tiles coordinates,and after i test directly in VRAM with auto incrementation, it's fast and easy i think,and better if you have a dynamic TILEMAP .

But it's easy to do more faster, test only some points,for exemple no need to test an entire 32 pixels wide sprite if player go forward, or backward ,same for each direction .
For testing, with flappy i test the entire player's sprite .

--- Quote ---The PCE could easily handle double that if the VDC could handle it without flickering. A shame really.
--- End quote ---
Yes of course, even with my routine you can test more collisions without impacting to much the cpu  .
You can easily improve performance with caculating each boxes in a RAM array when you move each sprites, this is not the case actualy with my routine .

And like you, i have some SGX games in mind  :wink:

Bonknuts:
I had something I wanted to show off on the PCE, but I don't have a slope collision engine (only block tiles/physics and collision).

touko:

--- Quote ---but I don't have a slope collision engine
--- End quote ---
same here,my routine is only for shmups, not for plateformers .

Bonknuts:
Maybe someone from the NESdev scene has something I can borrow/use.

touko:
For now, no need for me to have a complex objetc/map collision routine, my next project will be a shmup and perhaps a browler . ;-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version