Author Topic: TurboChip Storage  (Read 334 times)

JesseZamora

TurboChip Storage
« on: September 20, 2001, 03:55:00 PM »
I ordered two TurboChip games from TZD, and finally got them in yesterday, namely Legend of Hero Tonma and The Legendary Axe.  I noticed a wild differnce in how the games were packed, though.  Tonma had the chip, with plastic sleeve, being held by this mightily flimsy plastic thing inside the box, while Legendary Axe was stored inside a nice little CD-style jewel case.  Why the difference?

NFERNO68

Re: TurboChip Storage
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2001, 11:09:00 AM »
Towards the end of the Turbo's life here in the states, game publishers wanted to save money and increase
any profits they could get by cutting back on what they shipped with the game, namely the cd style jewel case.
My Samurai Ghost was the same way, but you can get replacement cases from TZD for a buck, and then make your own case for them.

JesseZamora

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2001, 06:48:00 AM »
Ah, I see. Though TZD only offers the sleeve [that little plastic thing], don't they?  As for the CD case it ain't too hard, just grab a regular CD case and break the CD placehoder in the center so the chip fits.

NFERNO68

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2001, 03:45:00 AM »
Anytime I've ordered from TZD, they never had the sleeves, but always have the jewel style cases for $1 a piece. I've ordered 10 or 20 at a time just to have some on hand. Better than making your own.