Tech and Homebrew > Turbo/PCE Game/Tool Development

PC-FX homebrew development.

(1/51) > >>

elmer:
I've done  enough research now to have a good idea of what the PC-FX is capable of ... and it does have it's interesting aspects.

But looking around ... as far as I can see, nobody has really attempted to do any PC-FX development since the early 2000's.

Even Mednafen's 2007 spurt of interest is still based on the Japanese GCC work done in 2000/2001.

Is this machine totally dead?

If I spend the time trying to get a C compiler working for the PC-FX ... does anyone even care anymore?

BigusSchmuck:

--- Quote from: elmer on January 26, 2015, 07:40:55 AM ---I've done  enough research now to have a good idea of what the PC-FX is capable of ... and it does have it's interesting aspects.

But looking around ... as far as I can see, nobody has really attempted to do any PC-FX development since the early 2000's.

Even Mednafen's 2007 spurt of interest is still based on the Japanese GCC work done in 2000/2001.

Is this machine totally dead?

If I spend the time trying to get a C compiler working for the PC-FX ... does anyone even care anymore?

--- End quote ---
It would be interesting to see if it is feasible to port over PCE games on it and possibly give them a graphical overhaul.. But I'm not sure how alike both platforms are and if it is too complicated might as well do pc ports.

Necromancer:
I'd be all over some sexy PC-FX homebrew!!!  :mrgreen:

But there's only a couple hundred thousand of these things in existence, compared to millions of PCE (or even more FEKA and SNERD shat), so your potential audience is definitely smaller.  If excitement for PC-FX translations is any indication, you'd certainly garner some healthy interest; and if you made something gaijin friendly and fun, I bet you'd even convice a few guys that they need to buy a PC-FX.

wildfruit:
Something neutopia like would be interesting. With some snazzy spell effects.

esteban:
I don't know the state of PC-FX emulation... But if it is robust, that certainly helps the potential audience your work will reach.

I personally would love stuff for PC-FX, but I don't own one (yet!).

I do enjoy the soundtrack for Miraculum, though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version