Author Topic: Analouge NT/Suoer Nt now with more Turrican 2  (Read 6358 times)

Medic_wheat

Re: Analouge NT
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2015, 09:03:53 AM »
What harm is there on reporting on what information pictures and what not is there versus linking to old tired articles that mostly have PR force feed from the developer.

The harm comes from you repeatedly bumping a thread when you have nothing new to add, but you couldn't be bothered to use the enter key the first go around or the edit button a few minutes later.  :P

Oh come now I am not the only one here who's post at times look like garbled mess as though someone spit out their ABC soup on the computer screen.

Opethian

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2015, 01:17:06 AM »
Are you trying to get a beta unit? I don't understand why you are defending this guy so much.

on a side note:

you are slipping you used to have almost 8 posts per day. when you keep responding to your own posts to boost your post count it makes you look like you don't think before post. see how I used the edit button to add this info and not start a new post? I don't need more posts post count don't mean shit when there is no substance...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 01:20:44 AM by Opethian »

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me

wildfruit

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2015, 02:23:28 AM »
If you crave pcefx on the move try windows phone. The tapatalk is very smooth. Much better than ios. I don't know what android is like?

Medic_wheat

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2015, 05:01:56 AM »
I'll work on that post count. Been slipping. 

Not that I ever kept track of that.

I am defending the guy because on a personal level he has done nothing that bothers me. So it is more that you and I have opposing views then me defending him.

As for the beta thing. Nope not a plan. That gives me to much credit that I plan that far in advance. Also the fact that he is unaware of this threads existence to my knowledge. This is just a thread about a product that I have slapped information about together and waited for responses.

But the responses have been largely negative for various reasons. Unfortunately without video of the system in action or specs on the HDMI Upscaler it is hard to say more then ones opinions regarding:

-length of time for production

-use of original PPU/CPUs from junked famicoms.

-looke of the system

-materials being used and thoughts of them as a whole

-price

Apart from that there isn't much more to be said. Unless you have personal issues with Christop, his company, or mix there of.

I have only ever spoken as a interested third party and prior customer of his CMVS which I like mind you I never bothered with the all wood controlors I just use original controlors.

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2015, 05:50:21 AM »
If you crave pcefx on the move try windows phone. The tapatalk is very smooth.
+1.
I write 90% of my posts on PCEFX using Tapatalk on Windows Phone. Hell, I can even edit my posts. And I managed to turn off Tapatalk's annoying signature line. Am I 1337 now?

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

wildfruit

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2015, 06:14:09 AM »
+1.
I write 90% of my posts on PCEFX using Tapatalk on Windows Phone. Hell, I can even edit my posts. And I managed to turn off Tapatalk's annoying signature line. Am I 1337 now?
Dunno let me ask Cortana.

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2015, 06:55:27 AM »
What's her reply?

I said no, no, no

Medic_wheat

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2015, 07:52:46 AM »
+1.

Maybe it is because I am using an iPhone?  I don't know. I use to use android and loved it. But then I changed phone companies/plans to my wife's and since the migration I went ahead and got me a fancy pants iPhone. Some times I feel like a chimp in the opening scene to 2001 a space odyssey

Also I am just last most of the time when it comes to editing or reducting a post to add relivent information. Maybe I'll use a computer later today and reformat this whole thread a bit more.

and updated......although I couldn't find an option to delet the comments made prior when I condenced the information.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 08:00:24 AM by Medic_wheat »

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2015, 09:18:45 AM »
No worries, I'm not here just to annoy you. :) so I'll keep my mouth shut until I've got something more productive to say in this thread.

I said no, no, no

Medic_wheat

« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2015, 10:00:24 AM »
boring. this topic is boring.

Thank you. It is a specialty of mine.  :twisted:

Opethian

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2015, 01:03:58 AM »
He is raping PPU and CPU from units. It sounds like you don't know anything about this guy and his ethics or you don't care. I hope his endeavors all fail and he deserves it.

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me

Medic_wheat

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2015, 01:40:46 AM »
He is raping PPU and CPU from units. It sounds like you don't know anything about this guy and his ethics or you don't care. I hope his endeavors all fail and he deserves it.

I addressed that in one of my post. I am fully aware of that.

But in this instance I am in the camp of I don't care due to mass availability of these chip sets from old systems. Yes at some point with any legacy system that is no longer being produced this WILL be a problem.

But it is no where near as bad as taking parts out of a play choice ten, arcade unit, or can abolishing a game that might be more rare/short supply to make homebrew a and other mods.

The best solution would be to recreate the chip sets maybe even redesign them smaller and better but that takes time and money which I don't see anyone investing either in at this time.

Personally I have gone for the cheaper option of that kickstarter that replaces part of an original NES front loader for a better connection. $20 was more in my budget.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2015, 02:07:29 AM »
Isn't this the guy that flat out lied about sacking old systems for the chips, claiming they'd use only new components?  I don't deal with flaming pants.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Medic_wheat

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2015, 02:34:55 AM »
Isn't this the guy that flat out lied about sacking old systems for the chips, claiming they'd use only new components?  I don't deal with flaming pants.

No but he did dance around it for two months before confirming on the Neo-geo forums that was wxactly what he was going to do.

This lead to a very funny famicom holocost of 2014 meme IMO.

I an blanking on his forum name but there is one member on the Neo-geo forums who is very knowledgable on the engine rings side of what makes a NES tick and he basically tore Analoug NT a new one calling out all the bosting that was misleading PR on what was being achived.

Things like steep being impossible and at best it is a mix stereo mono that was being created and not true stereo sound as the five channels that sound is broken up into that the NES chip can creat limits the ability to creat true steep audio. That and none of the NES games where made to use stereo but instead the five channel sounds.

He was also VERY vocal on the sacking of CPUs and PPUS from old systems as a detramint to keeping old systems alive as it makes the rest of the system a pile of trash taking out the brain.

Which is why yes the best option would be to make your own POU and CPU and possibly enhance or shrink it all down. But that simply isn't happaning.

synbiosfan

« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2015, 02:44:53 AM »
The forum members here don't seem interested.

You may just want to talk about it at NG.com. You're taking heat here that should be directed at Christoff or whatever his name is.

There's plenty of topics people here do want to talk about.