Author Topic: Games that feature a pc engine in the intro scene  (Read 1219 times)

esteban

Re: Games that feature a pc engine in the intro scene
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2017, 08:18:39 AM »
It's "incrediblehark's" avatar. I actually sent a PM a while ago asking where he got the image, and he replied:

Yeah... sorry I'm over a year late in replying. Just got back on the forums - real life got in the way for a while. You probably already found out by now but its in the original bomberman if you try to play multiplayer with no turbo tap connected. Sorry again!

Heh, I knew I'd seen it before.  I'm gonna have to take a peek at the original tonight and see if 93 and 94 have something similar.

Wait....do we know of other games that display something kool (humorous message and/or art and/or sound effect) when you try to play multiplayer with no TurboTap?

This is awesome.

The thread that keeps on giving...
  |    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2017, 06:35:14 AM »

I've investigated a few games for similar pics but so far come up with nothing.  They either simply disable the option of starting a 2+ player game or have a single pad controlling all players.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Black Tiger

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2017, 09:24:34 AM »
I don't think that my Bomberman TE/GT link video is still online anywhere, but I believe that some or all of those games feature hardware pixelart during the link up sequence.

I don't know why he's crying. Dragon's Curse is a one player game with password feature.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 09:26:43 AM by Black Tiger »
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum