Author Topic: Any Review of Takeda Shingen?  (Read 855 times)

runinruder

Re: Any Review of Takeda Shingen?
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2007, 11:19:51 PM »
I played some more of this game earlier tonight to level three I think and I got to say that I enjoyed it a lot more after that! The complaints I posted earlier in this thread are healed as you progress in the game. When you level up, you're given new abilities like a jump attack and a stab move and this makes the combat much nicer!

I agree, the game becomes a lot more fun once you power up a bit.  The jump attack helps A LOT. 

And now there's a Takeda Shingen review.   :D
www.thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Spector

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2007, 08:10:11 PM »
I thought it was poor, and it looks like a high-end Commodore 64 game!
It's pretty primitive, sub-Vigilante stuff. Maybe if I played it more I'd get the gameplay, but to me it was no Golden Axe.
You've got to feel the thrill... of disgust!
The beauty... of obscenity!

Sinistron

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2007, 01:02:24 AM »
Thanks for the review runinruder.  This will persuade me to get this.

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
Quote from: Tatsujin
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

Digi.k

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2015, 08:43:51 AM »
This is such an old thread but I can't be ass'd to start a new one.  I kinda stumbled upon it a while ago and was intrigued by the sprites and tried it on an emulator.  Slightly disappointed with the gameplay and just wished they pushed the megabits up few as it sits on a 2megabit HuCard.

This is one of those games that require some time in levelling up before charging forward. Thankfully you can side track back and enemies will respawn.  The further into the game will allow you to gain the abilities linked to the elements of: Wind. Wood, Fire and Earth.

If only AICOM  were more ambitious (and perhaps more experienced with the pc engine) with things like you know... gameplay, graphics etc. This could have been a quality rendition of Streets of Rage set in feudal japan.

arcade title screen

pc engine front manual scan

I feel the saving grace in this game is the music, It's warm, oriental notes are somewhat comforting to listen too and, a little romantic in some places but as with the case of a lot of game music tracks I feel they loop too quickly.

A kinda decent review of said game:

http://magweasel.com/2011/03/31/i-love-the-pc-engine-takeda-shingen/

arcade version

some music tracks taken from the pce game

« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 08:59:39 AM by Digi.k »