Author Topic: Turbo Fest (VGS) 2015  (Read 897 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Turbo Fest (VGS) 2015
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2015, 04:27:16 AM »
I find it hard to believe that someone would pay $900 for a video game. It would just be pure collectard at that point. The US HuCard would be the only viable option for this game and honestly over $100 for that is still collectard.

Uh, what?  The HuCard (Air Zonk) is an entirely different (and better) game than Super Air Zonk.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

MNKyDeth

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2015, 04:28:31 AM »
I find it hard to believe that someone would pay $900 for a video game. It would just be pure collectard at that point. The US HuCard would be the only viable option for this game and honestly over $100 for that is still collectard.

So.. anyone that doesn't have this game and wants it should buy the JP version as it's cheap and it's a shooter so you don't have to read anything.

I hear you and agree. But, we are poor, apparently.

Everything is relative.

If I was rich, I would totally buy all the arcade cabs and games that I was interested in playing or "experiencing" (I would buy crappy games that intrigued me, even if they had a reputation for being broken).

However, I would never buy something simply because of its collectard valuation.

Well I am lucky that I have the US HuCard for this game, so I lucked out as I know I most likely picked it up at a place called Video Game Exchange back in around 1995 for $20 or less. I remember picking up a large portion of what I have for $5 back then. They were loose but who cares they work. I currently have 27 loose HuCards. Someday I will buy the cases and stickers from the forums here for those and maybe the manuals if allowed.

I don't plan on selling so....

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2015, 05:12:39 AM »

So.. anyone that doesn't have this game and wants it should buy the JP version as it's cheap and it's a shooter so you don't have to read anything.

The game he bought is actually SUPER Air Zonk. I think the seller was asking 800 but he probably haggled him down a bit on it (same seller who had the Might and Magic III had SAZ). The HuCard game is a different game, this is the sequel.
--DragonmasterDan

MNKyDeth

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2015, 05:36:54 AM »
Ahh, didn't realize it was a sequal. I thought they were the same game just the cd version had cut scenes or something. Maybe more friends to help out etc.