Author Topic: Momotaro Katsugeki Dialog and Items help?  (Read 582 times)

lukester

Momotaro Katsugeki Dialog and Items help?
« on: August 06, 2015, 03:38:57 PM »
I've tried this game and I really enjoy it so far. I've managed to make it to the 2nd to last stage, but I decided to stop. There's stuff I don't understand, and I certainly do not have good enough armor to survive. I could barely beat the "inside the ogre's belly" stage.

Can someone explain what all the different items are, best ways to grind money or get money, and some general tips?

Can you even get extra lives or health? I think I used up all the health things and I can't seem to get more.

What are the menus? How come there are 3 similar text boxes when you open the select screen?
How come I can't buy certain items even if I have the money? What is the point of the minigames?

On a side note, the octopus stage was awesome. It reminded me exactly of the submarine level from Super Mario Land.

And the game is certainly better than Keith Courage.  8)

A Black Falcon

Re: Momotaro Katsugeki Dialog and Items help?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 06:33:27 PM »
That would all be very useful information to have, but here's one more basic question:  Where does this game tell you the password?  I'd love to be able to save. :p

sunteam_paul

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 06:40:28 AM »
Answers from memory so I may be wrong.

- Passwords are from the statues, push up?

- I might try to translate the menus so watch this space. In the meantime, when you begin I think there's an easy medium hard menu. Also in the initial jump-the-rocks bit, get to the end but wait until the alarm goes off before exiting. That way you get more money. In game, trial and error in the menus for the time being, but I think the topmost eats energy food (which you can purchase). Other menus summon your animal friends which are very useful in certain stages.

- Not sure about not buying items when you have money. I don't remember that.

- kill all the enemies you can and look out for treasure chests to maximise money.
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

sunteam_paul

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 07:27:13 AM »
First menu:

- Hard
- Normal
- Easy
I just felt in a hole!

sunteam_paul

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 07:33:49 AM »

You can only summon friends ofter rescuing them.

The bird is really handy in a later level (I think it's the one inside the ogre's body) so save him for then.
I just felt in a hole!

T2KFreeker

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 03:53:14 PM »
Hoy! I am glad that I scrolled through this. I was always curious about this too. Maybe will make the game a bit more enjoyable now! I love the game but always got confused because it was just crazy! I got tired of getting clobbered.
END OF LINE.

imparanoic

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 07:40:36 PM »

The bird is really handy in a later level (I think it's the one inside the ogre's body) so save him for then.

Thanks!!!!

after so many years ( first play this game in 92), I wonder what was the interior menu were after 20 years, found out exactly

T2KFreeker

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 09:20:08 AM »

Thanks!!!!

after so many years ( first play this game in 92), I wonder what was the interior menu were after 20 years, found out exactly

It's because Paul Rokzzzz! The guy likes the game too, which probably helps too...
END OF LINE.

wildfruit

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 09:40:47 AM »
I only could remember the meaning of one word たべる
Need to brush up!

sunteam_paul

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2015, 06:12:58 AM »
I just used to remember that mashing through the top option always tended to heal.
I just felt in a hole!

108 Stars

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2015, 11:43:14 AM »
Very useful, this is actually one of the games I got with my Duo the other day. It's playable, but some understanding certainly would help.