Author Topic: Avenue pad 6 . . . where can I find one?  (Read 311 times)

SparkyJLM

Avenue pad 6 . . . where can I find one?
« on: October 06, 2015, 01:16:09 PM »
Hey gang.

I just snagged a Street Fighter II HuCard, so I will need a six button pad to play it properly.  I thought I could just pick one up on that one big auction site, but I really did not expect it to sell for $70. A broken one is $25.  Also, since a Duo is in my future, I'd like one for those games that require it, as well.

So, where?  How?  I have other versions of SFII, but I want to play it on my PCE!!

Thanks everyone.

Okay, I just double checked and I can get one from Japan for around $40.  That's better . . . but still, is there a better source for this stuff than eBay?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 01:18:51 PM by SparkyJLM »

SparkyJLM

Re: Avenue pad 6 . . . where can I find one?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 01:20:53 PM »
Also, I checked Google shopping and I am vaguely familiar with this "Internet".

My edit says I've seen them cheaper . . . I had been searching US sellers only.  Oops.

I was hoping you folk who have been into collecting PCE a lot longer than me might just have a little insight into other sources.  That's all.  I DO know how to Google.

Black Tiger

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 01:46:55 PM »
Always look at Sold (not Completed) listings on eBay to see what anything is actually selling for. You can go further and look at Completed listings afterward to see what prices things are failing to sell at. Between the two, you'll know what something is worth to eBay buyers at the time
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

SparkyJLM

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 02:05:21 PM »
Thanks Black Tiger. I am quite familiar with searching SOLD listings, as well.  I'm pretty experienced with eBay.

I also know that with all the Buy it Now pricing on there, rather than auctions, prices have been inflated over what one can find if they just know where to look . . . they seem to trend toward what people want to get, not what people want to pay.  If you want one, tough luck, gotta pay what they're asking unless you stumble on an auction (which because of the inflated BiN, seem to sell for just under those prices).  But I'm not sure where else to look for TG/PCE stuff. eStarland has a bit, with some reasonable-ish prices.  All I want is to feed my new PCE some new toys.

Thanks again, my friend.   

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 02:56:50 AM »
I have no secret supplier for controllers.  You're best bet is to wait for a 'real' auction, buy a bundle, keep checking the for sales threads here, or try yahoo auctions.  I doubt the latter would save much, though, as the fees and double shipping would likely eat up any savings.

Perfectly working Ave Pad 6 for $29.99.....

That's $40 shipped.  He knows he can get them for $40 and is hoping to do better.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

SparkyJLM

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 11:25:45 AM »
Thanks again, Black Tiger and Necromancer.  I had a couple of those on my watch list.  They mostly had at least $10 shipping, which isn't bad from Japan, and are/were pretty fair prices.  It was awfully thoughtful of you to take the time to link to them here.

I'm just gonna keep my eyes on eBay, and will get one soon.

Nullity:  Geez, I'm really sorry if I had the nerve to ask if anyone here knew of any other places to get this stuff.  Obviously everyone has been into collecting PCE for years as you have.  I've been collecting mostly Sega for years, I have over a dozen game consoles and have been following the games industry as a fan and collector since the 1980s.  My first console was Pong.  I really enjoy my Atari XE, I have two Genesis consoles so I don't have to swap out my Power Base converter with the 32X.  I'm not trying to make myself look like a bad-ass (I collect videogames for crying out loud . . .), but I do know my way around this hobby.  I am, however, new to THIS particular corner of our world, and there are always folks who have been doing it longer who will know things I don't.

So, in conclusion, thanks again, nice people!   :dance:

esteban

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 11:33:32 PM »

Thanks again, Black Tiger and Necromancer.  I had a couple of those on my watch list.  They mostly had at least $10 shipping, which isn't bad from Japan, and are/were pretty fair prices.  It was awfully thoughtful of you to take the time to link to them here.

I'm just gonna keep my eyes on eBay, and will get one soon.

Nullity:  Geez, I'm really sorry if I had the nerve to ask if anyone here knew of any other places to get this stuff.  Obviously everyone has been into collecting PCE for years as you have.  I've been collecting mostly Sega for years, I have over a dozen game consoles and have been following the games industry as a fan and collector since the 1980s.  My first console was Pong.  I really enjoy my Atari XE, I have two Genesis consoles so I don't have to swap out my Power Base converter with the 32X.  I'm not trying to make myself look like a bad-ass (I collect videogames for crying out loud . . .), but I do know my way around this hobby.  I am, however, new to THIS particular corner of our world, and there are always folks who have been doing it longer who will know things I don't.

So, in conclusion, thanks again, nice people!   :dance:

I have AVE 6 for $5 shipped worldwide.

PM sent.
  |    |