Author Topic: [USA] Turbografx CD in box, quite complete and works  (Read 488 times)

wilykat

[USA] Turbografx CD in box, quite complete and works
« on: April 21, 2016, 05:20:21 PM »
SOLD!!!

Since getting Duo-R, this one hasn't been used and I am more of player than collector so this set and the nice looking box should go to someone who will appreciate it and be able to show it off.

I am the original owner, bought this new from Toys R Us when they were on sale when NEC dropped TG-16 and CD system in favor of Duo. The serial number on the box did not match so it was switched or mixed up somewhere before I got it.

Last year shortly before I got Duo-R I had to take apart the CD system for stuck laser. Cleaned the rail and put on fresh white lithium grease. I also drilled out the middle gear oh about 1/32" bigger so it'd be less likely to seize and jam or crack.  Both drive and dock has not been recapped! They still worked when I retired it and all you need is a working TG-16 unit. 

PCE does not fit because of the Hucard hump on top is too tall but with adapter or mod (mod removing the top of the console shell, cut the side of EXT port to fit), one can use PCE and Coregrafx in it. Supergrafx too although you will probably need that hard to find extension dock.

(full size)

Image of CD and deck + system card in hard case (originally for PCMCIA) with my forum ID and date

(full size)

Box with my forum ID and date

More pictures:
  whole box front, a few dings and corners.  Mostly how I got it.  Since it was kept in the attic for most of those 25+ years, it didn't get much light exposure and the color is pretty good.
whole box back side
one side of the box
other side of the box
set of styrofoam blocks for CD case plus wraps
another styrofoam block for top part of the box, holds CD box, power supply, and AV cable.  There is cord melt in one of the compartment:
because I left the AV cable and never knew about the "cord melt" issue
styrofoam from inside CD box
instruction manual and brochure. I know the warranty registration is gone, they were mailed away. There may be other paperwork missing as well
CD case. both latches still on and intact
inside the case with CD dock
CD and dock serial number. It matches!
Need more? Ask for more picture please.

Not pictured but original AC adapter and AV cable are included.  I am quite sure the AV cable are the same one that came included originally considering it was left in the box for the last 25 years!

I prefer to keep this as a set, but will consider separating the CD system and box if there's no interested party after a while.  As it's huge and over 11 pounds without packing material or shipping box international shipping is not recommended.  Shipping within USA can run from about $14 (inside Michigan) to $65 west coast.  Alaska and Hawaii can expect very high shipping as well :(  If you are in Michigan I can meet you in some area (about 1 hour drive from Flint area) to save on shipping

I have no idea what to price this at so I'll take reasonable offer. Forum rule I think requires I put a price anyway so I will list this for 1 million dollars  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 01:14:06 PM by wilykat »

syphic

Re: [USA] Turbografx CD in box, quite complete and works
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 12:50:01 PM »
pm'd
Awesome trades and deals with:
Fiftyquid, thesteve, keithcourage, mothergunner, Bernie, turboswimbz, Bardoly, BlueBMW, Galam, Nullity, Jtucci31, sirhcman,  Elderboroom, dicer

itsatarp

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 03:15:10 PM »
PM

wilykat

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 12:07:16 PM »
Quite a lot of PMs, answered them all I think.  2 in line for whole setup, and 3 in line for box only deal.

I didn't realize that CD system box is quite desirable, I guess not many were kept because of huge size?

esteban

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 12:07:31 AM »
Quite a lot of PMs, answered them all I think.  2 in line for whole setup, and 3 in line for box only deal.

I didn't realize that CD system box is quite desirable, I guess not many were kept because of huge size?

I usually kept all boxes, but even I didn't keep the TG-CD box back on the day. I tried, but it was too cumbersome. It took up too much room in my closet.
  |    | 

wilykat

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 04:53:04 AM »
So will someone invent Star Trek replicator technology? I could copy the whole setup and sell it dirt cheap.

wilykat

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 01:12:22 PM »
It has been sold and paid for.  Sorry all who hasn't PM'd me yet.

turbokon

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 03:15:37 PM »
Woot woot, 1st ever boxed turbografx cd for me[emoji4]
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

synbiosfan

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2016, 03:23:51 PM »
Woot woot, 1st ever boxed turbografx cd for me[emoji4]

That's cool! :clap:

Black Tiger

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2016, 01:06:43 AM »
Glad it went to a good home.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

wilykat

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2016, 01:10:52 PM »
Shipped, sent tracking info via PM

turbokon

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2016, 12:28:56 PM »
Got this today, man it's a hugh box.  Thanks again[emoji4]

Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

wilykat

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2016, 02:02:28 PM »
Yes it is huge. Probably the biggest accessory box ever by any company.