Author Topic: How long do you play a new game?  (Read 413 times)

crazydean

How long do you play a new game?
« on: December 02, 2015, 06:31:04 AM »
One of the great things (sometimes problems) with having everdrives for all these systems is the vast amount of games available. Back in the day, you played shitty games and you liked it, because it may be a couple months before you got a new one.

Now that it's so easy to move on to the next one in line, how long do you give a game to decide whether you want to play it?

One, in particular, was Banjo-Kazooie. I tried so many times to like the game years ago but even after playing through two levels, never really got into it. I actually just finished it last week, and I really enjoyed playing it this time.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: How long do you play a new game?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 07:11:01 AM »
It depends on how they're bought.  If it's a single game, I'll play it for quite a bit, trying to beat it if possible with my meager skills; if they're bought in a bundle, I'll give 'em all a few minutes of play time just to get a taste, returning eventually for a more serious play through.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

synbiosfan

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 08:33:54 AM »
It really varies depending on the game. I've played rpgs for weeks while a game like Splatterhouse for most of the day.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 09:02:57 AM »
If it's a game made in the last five years I usually don't play it at all. I always open it, but that doesn't mean I ever played it.

ginoscope

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 10:08:30 AM »
One thing that I do to help everdrive overload is only put games on there I am going to play anytime soon.  I will create a folder with genre of games (rpg, shooter, etc) and only add a couple at a time.  Keeps me more focused on a smaller set of games.  Not a fan of scrolling through pages and pages of games.

Spooky

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 12:00:34 PM »
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 12:42:46 AM by Spooky »