Author Topic: Can Pcenginefx beat all licensed TurboGrafx-16 games in 2016/2017? (115/135)  (Read 10623 times)

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
Updated today.  Well, we as a forum have knocked out 2 of the 22 remaining so far this year.  Can we beat any more?

Your demands seem to be Impossimole

... Ah crap.  I'll keep trying... ;)

ghataa

Beat Military Madness more times than I can count. I love that game. When I first played it on the Turbo in 1989, I pulled an all-nighter.

The only other game that I found that addicting was Dune 2 on the PC a few years later.

One nice thing about being "ahem" older was experiencing the birth of so many game genres. Everything felt novel and fresh.
1989: TG16
1990: Turbo CD
2000: Duo RX
Accessories: Turbo Booster, Turbo Stick

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
Re: Can Pcenginefx beat all licensed TurboGrafx-16 games in 2016/2017? (115/135)
« Reply #407 on: December 19, 2017, 06:39:29 AM »
So assuming we don't get through the last games in our list for '16-'17, should we do a startover thread on New Years 2018?  I'm kind of excited to try this once again next year.

I would definitely like to start with some of the more difficult 'gems', but it might encourage people to give these a shot again. 

Maybe we'll do it this next time where multiple people can clear games? So like Military Madness could have clears by Nectarsis, Necromancer, and Nectrosister. and we'll just tally up all the clears.  That was if a popular game like Air Zonk is already cleared, we can still include clears.

So for example, we could have clears like this:
2018 -
Total clears 256
Library completed 115/135

or something like that. 

Thoughts?  :)

turboswimbz

Re: Can Pcenginefx beat all licensed TurboGrafx-16 games in 2016/2017? (115/135)
« Reply #408 on: December 19, 2017, 06:45:13 AM »
So assuming we don't get through the last games in our list for '16-'17, should we do a startover thread on New Years 2018?  I'm kind of excited to try this once again next year.

I would definitely like to start with some of the more difficult 'gems', but it might encourage people to give these a shot again. 

Maybe we'll do it this next time where multiple people can clear games? So like Military Madness could have clears by Nectarsis, Necromancer, and Nectrosister. and we'll just tally up all the clears.  That was if a popular game like Air Zonk is already cleared, we can still include clears.

So for example, we could have clears like this:
2018 -
Total clears 256
Library completed 115/135

or something like that. 

Thoughts?  :)

Great Idea.  Perhaps we should create a clears goal?  can we hit 500 or 1,000?

Perhaps a raffle or other goodie could be in the works if we hit a goal? (Kickstarter style lol) 

JUSt spitballin, but I think it could be a ton of fun.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #409 on: December 19, 2017, 07:10:27 AM »
A prize to whoever has the most clears?  Damn, that's a cool idea. I'd pitch in $20 to see everyone go wilde with clears!  :)

Or like, give out little prizes if someone can knock off one of the 20 bastards that kept us from achieving our '16-'17 goals.  lol  Those rotten jerks!!