Author Topic: Do you like the 32X?  (Read 3940 times)

Black Tiger

Re: Do you like the 32X?
« Reply #135 on: March 31, 2016, 12:45:48 PM »
I'd like to see what a homebrew crew can do with the 32x :-"  Some fun stuff probably

Have you seen Wolfenstein 3D or the Yeti 3D engine?

Yeah I have, thanks for sharing the clear videos :) Tech demos are rad, but I'd love to see a full game design. A RPG done in those engines would be rad, or a higher fidelity 2D game that the system demonstrated it has the capability of doing would be rad.

I need to find a Sega community that is in line with this PCE equivalent: is sega 16 the place to go, or sega ages? I not internet culture/community savvy :P

Sega-16 is the exactly the SMS - 32X equivalent of pcenginefx.

Wolfenstein 3D is the full game and the author has been working on a high quality Doom port.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Gentlegamer

« Reply #136 on: March 31, 2016, 01:11:15 PM »
I'd like to see what a homebrew crew can do with the 32x :-"  Some fun stuff probably

Yeah I have, thanks for sharing the clear videos :) Tech demos are rad, but I'd love to see a full game design. A RPG done in those engines would be rad, or a higher fidelity 2D game that the system demonstrated it has the capability of doing would be rad.

I need to find a Sega community that is in line with this PCE equivalent: is sega 16 the place to go, or sega ages? I not internet culture/community savvy :P

Except way more autistic.

Desh

« Reply #137 on: March 31, 2016, 01:36:14 PM »
BT.  Your remarks on Console Wars is great.  Even the prologue to the book mentions that the writer may have even dramatized many events etc. so you have to take what's in it with a grain of salt. 

The main take away I got from it though is SoA was able to get the Genesis very competive in NA and SoJ was getting their butts kicked at home.  Even though SoA seemed to be doing everything right all of the decisions came from SoJ on hardware and games and SoA was stuck trying to figure out how to sell shit like the 32X.  It's obvious SoJ was narrow minded and full of themselves.  Why else would Sonic team move over here?  It seems SoJ liked to micromanage and make poor decisions.  Not saying SoA was perfect or deserves all the glory but it's hard to argue with the sales numbers in NA.

xelement5x

« Reply #138 on: April 01, 2016, 10:25:02 AM »

Except way more autistic.

Sega16 has mixed highs and lows.  There are some very informative and interesting discussions that go on occasionally, but a lot of the mass of the forum seems to have left and it's not as vibrant as it was just a couple years ago.  What's left can still be good, bu there are plenty of weirdos and it's like the only place Master Tasuke hasn't been banned from yet. 

I still try and hit the site at least a couple times a week, but there is not as much interaction going on unfortunately.  It's a shame because there is a ton of good info on the site in the form of review and smart hardware hackers, programmers.  I feel like a lot stuff has moved to farkbook :(
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

crazydean

« Reply #139 on: April 01, 2016, 11:14:03 AM »
So I finally got a proper cable and the 32X is working, horay! Unfortunately, I am having problems with the Everdrive reading the SD card, so it may be a while before I get a chance to play most of the games. I did manage to play a couple space games and Doom, though. Sega made first-person space shooters for this like they did FMV games for the Sega CD.

EDIT: It turns out that it wasn't an Everdrive problem. The white ribbon cables inside the 32X needed to be re-seated. The Everdrive is much more finicky than regular cartridges which is why it was difficult to pinpoint.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 02:40:00 PM by crazydean »
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

Black Tiger

« Reply #140 on: April 01, 2016, 12:24:59 PM »
Depending on your Everdrive revision, there may be a card size limit. You also have to drag and drop a folder of drivers onto the sd card. It can be downloaded on the Everdrive model's retrogate page.

Then you can put the roms anywhere else in the card and use multiple folders of sorted roms if you like.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum