Author Topic: [WTT/WTS] Modded White Sega Saturn with Extras  (Read 265 times)

retrogamerzach

[WTT/WTS] Modded White Sega Saturn with Extras
« on: April 12, 2016, 08:40:56 AM »
Hello, I want to trade/sell my Sega Saturn with Extras.

Details:

White Japanese Sega Saturn modded with the Brand New Phantom Universal Mod Chip from Zer0-2k11, Comes with Action Replay 4M Plus Cart and is able to play all region backups. 2 Controllers, S-Video cable for high quality gameplay and Scart Cable.

200USD + calculated shipping through paypal gift, or trade for PC Engine Duo RX or PC Engine Duo. My intention is to get a good console that can be used with an everdrive to be bought from krikz at somepoint. Krikz says that region modded systems may cause trouble for use with the everdrive. as for RGB mods or recap I'm not really sure as I'm quite new to PC engine. So would prefer one that is stock and untouched.

let me know what you think.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 08:45:26 AM by retrogamerzach »
RGZ

BigusSchmuck

Re: [WTT/WTS] Modded White Sega Saturn with Extras
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 01:39:16 PM »
You won't have to worry about recaps on Duo-Rs, but you will if you get the U.S Duo and Japanese counterpart. Might have some luck with Keith Courage with a refurbished unit for trade. I would offer my Duo-R for trade, but I'm quite attached to it. :P

Black Tiger

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 06:58:43 AM »
Do you know if this modchip will allow this Saturn to play cdr copies of Panzer Dragoon Saga? Bitd I had a Japan region Saturn with modchip and various region-free carts, but PDS was the one game that had extra security to prevent it from being played.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

xelement5x

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 08:07:15 AM »
Do you know if this modchip will allow this Saturn to play cdr copies of Panzer Dragoon Saga? Bitd I had a Japan region Saturn with modchip and various region-free carts, but PDS was the one game that had extra security to prevent it from being played.

PDS is a stickler because I believe it refuses to boot if something is detected as being in the cart slot. 

Personally I think a region free bios or a region switch is the best route to take.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Koop

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 10:17:07 AM »
$200 seems really expensive... Is that price because of the mod chip in question?  :|

retrogamerzach

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2016, 01:32:26 PM »
Hey all   :-({|=

The saturn works great with the modchip I use it plus the action replay 4m plus cart to play pretty much any games. The saturn is in the original Japan region but it doesn't make a difference when in use with the cart it will boot US and J region no problemo. Yes this mod will allow you guys to play your backups, copied CD's. I have not tested the console with European region games yet either.   O:)

Picture  =P~

200 USD is very modest considering what is included I had to purchase the scart and svideo cables seperate and both of these was nearly $50 alone since they're so proprietary. Oh I nearly forgot to mention the back battery door is missing off the back it never really impacted gameplay at any point and a replacement would go for about $5 to $10 or make one yourself :-k

Trades for a Duo-R accepted just let me know the details.

Any more questions please ask away :D
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 03:40:10 PM by retrogamerzach »
RGZ

Black Tiger

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2016, 05:19:53 PM »

PDS is a stickler because I believe it refuses to boot if something is detected as being in the cart slot. 

Personally I think a region free bios or a region switch is the best route to take.

The thing is, I didn't have any problems playing my original copy and would likely have been using my Mega Key back then to play it on my main system. I had a spare un-modified Saturn that I traded to my friend, so maybe I only played it on his console?
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

retrogamerzach

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2016, 06:41:31 AM »
Will also trade for a PC Engine IFU-30 Briefcase unite complete unmodded factory shape in like new condition.
RGZ