Author Topic: Turbografx-16 & PC-Engine Reproduction Hucards & Cases Now for Sale!!!!  (Read 22162 times)

synbiosfan

Re: Turbografx-16 & PC-Engine Reproduction Hucards Now for Sale!!!!
« Reply #225 on: May 30, 2016, 04:36:40 AM »
Trying something new with the dual hucard.

That looks really sharp!

Great work!

esadajr

« Reply #226 on: May 30, 2016, 05:56:39 AM »
Thanks Turbokon and Jodi for making this a reality.

Don't forget about thesteve[emoji6]

Sorry Steve  #-o
Gaming since 1985

FiftyQuid

« Reply #227 on: May 30, 2016, 09:12:55 AM »
Wow!  These are gorgeous turbokon!  I've been away for a while but I still lurk and could not help but post when I saw how these turned out!   :clap:
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

turbokon

« Reply #228 on: June 04, 2016, 08:24:55 AM »
The Dual Hucards are now available in both the white and black cards.  Prices for the dual hucards are $65 plus shipping.  Also you can now ordering directly thought my website at www.tg16pcemods.com.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Sapicco

« Reply #229 on: June 05, 2016, 01:34:47 AM »
This question may have been asked already, sorry if it has.   Can I buy a pc engine exclusive game, such a die hard, and it play on my Tg 16?

turbokon

« Reply #230 on: June 05, 2016, 01:59:28 AM »
This question may have been asked already, sorry if it has.   Can I buy a pc engine exclusive game, such a die hard, and it play on my Tg 16?

Yep and vise versa.

www.tg16pcemods.com

StarDust4Ever

« Reply #231 on: June 05, 2016, 05:20:57 PM »
Somewhat related: Are US ROMs still patched to remove region lock if purchased as US pinout?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 08:30:39 PM by StarDust4Ever »

munchiaz

« Reply #232 on: June 05, 2016, 08:20:51 PM »
These are very cool pieces. I'm fine with my everdrive, but homebrew games are pretty cool. Interested in the Megaman games. Great work guys.

StarDust4Ever

« Reply #233 on: June 05, 2016, 10:15:04 PM »
These are very cool pieces. I'm fine with my everdrive, but homebrew games are pretty cool. Interested in the Megaman games. Great work guys.
Wait, the blue bomber got ported to PC Engine? Call me intrigued! :D

wilykat

« Reply #234 on: June 05, 2016, 10:33:35 PM »
Megaman 1 and 2 is playable on the real thing, been playing them off my TED.  A dual 1/2 card would probably work well.

Too bad no one tried to port any more MM games, maybe they got too complex and trying to change the ROM to work with PCE version of mapper chip rather than Nintendo's MMC chips wasn't practical?

Black Tiger

« Reply #235 on: June 06, 2016, 12:57:47 AM »
Megaman 1 and 2 is playable on the real thing, been playing them off my TED.  A dual 1/2 card would probably work well.

Too bad no one tried to port any more MM games, maybe they got too complex and trying to change the ROM to work with PCE version of mapper chip rather than Nintendo's MMC chips wasn't practical?

There aren't more NES "ports" than there are because it's entirely a project by one person who came up with a way to get the PCE to run NES game code. Each game needs to be customized. There are lots of threads about it and you can read about it on Tom's site:

https://pcedev.wordpress.com/
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

turbokon

« Reply #236 on: June 06, 2016, 03:22:07 AM »
Somewhat related: Are US ROMs still patched to remove region lock if purchased as US pinout?

Region locks are still in place for the hucard.  For example, if you want a pce release only for the us turbografx, the rom file will have the 8 data address flip to work on the turbografx.  This being said, you can opt to have a game card work on both pce and tg16 with the dual hucard option.

www.tg16pcemods.com

StarDust4Ever

« Reply #237 on: June 06, 2016, 11:33:50 AM »

Region locks are still in place for the hucard.  For example, if you want a pce release only for the us turbografx, the rom file will have the 8 data address flip to work on the turbografx.  This being said, you can opt to have a game card work on both pce and tg16 with the dual hucard option.
That's not what I meant. An unmodified US ROM will fail to boot properly on a PC Engine even if the byte order is corrected. I was wondering if the region lock code was defeated in the US ROMs, whether or not the Hucard itself has US or Japanese byte order.

turbokon

« Reply #238 on: June 06, 2016, 12:49:18 PM »

That's not what I meant. An unmodified US ROM will fail to boot properly on a PC Engine even if the byte order is corrected. I was wondering if the region lock code was defeated in the US ROMs, whether or not the Hucard itself has US or Japanese byte order.

Yes, in game system check is disabled.

www.tg16pcemods.com

Tildius

« Reply #239 on: June 08, 2016, 06:13:59 PM »
Are you currently able to do the Rockman games?

p.s. I got my reproductions today and they are fantastic!