Author Topic: PCFX arcade pad?  (Read 2755 times)

780racer

PCFX arcade pad?
« on: April 30, 2016, 09:25:51 AM »
Was there ever one for the PCFX? and does anybody have one they may want to separate with? I like arcade sticks, and figured I would ask.

Thanks guys

Ryan
Switchzx's amazing quote -
"I was starting with the hardest to get games first. I realized I was never going to get Magical Chase so gave up on it all, sold up and got out."

Blueraven's quote - "it begins."

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/695/show-collection.html

shubibiman

Re: PCFX arcade pad?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 11:11:42 PM »
No. The PCFX was such a failure that there was no third party accessories whatsoever.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

SignOfZeta

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 01:52:15 AM »
To play digital comics with? You're hardcore.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 04:08:34 AM »
yeah... not much reason for one to exist. If you really wanted one you'd have to pad hack a PCFX controller into like an existing stick but really wouldn't be worth the effort IMO
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

johnnykonami

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 05:32:27 AM »

It's easier to pull off some of the more difficult to do menu selections with one.

Black Tiger

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 08:54:45 AM »
It would be nice if someone could make a guide showing which wires to connect to get an Ave Pad 6 working with a PC-FX controller plug. Just to have a decent d-pad for the games which need it.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

elmer

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2016, 11:47:56 AM »
It would be nice if someone could make a guide showing which wires to connect to get an Ave Pad 6 working with a PC-FX controller plug. Just to have a decent d-pad for the games which need it.

I think that you're going to actually need a circuit board for that ... the impression that I get from the PC-FX docs is that the joypad port is clocked-serial and not nibble-based like the PC Engine.

I'd love to be wrong on that, but I don't think that there are enough pins on it to do the full 2-way communication that it supports if it were using anything other than serial shift-registers.

A real hardware-guy could probably figure it out pretty quickly.

780racer

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 09:56:23 AM »

In every way.

I just was wondering. I may need to get a mouse. Because the D pad is garbage. Idk. It was just a thought.
"I was starting with the hardest to get games first. I realized I was never going to get Magical Chase so gave up on it all, sold up and got out."

SignOfZeta

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 10:13:03 AM »
Do you remember what mice were like in 1994?

Stick with the pad.

xelement5x

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2016, 06:45:11 AM »
I still have a bag of mouse balls from old PC mice somewhere actually.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Duo_R

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2016, 08:00:59 AM »
For most games does the standard controller just work fine? I recall playing Blue Breaker and the controller seemed fine to use. Don't remember it being terrible.
Add my YouTube channel: http://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Black Tiger

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2016, 12:58:12 PM »

I think that you're going to actually need a circuit board for that ... the impression that I get from the PC-FX docs is that the joypad port is clocked-serial and not nibble-based like the PC Engine.

I'd love to be wrong on that, but I don't think that there are enough pins on it to do the full 2-way communication that it supports if it were using anything other than serial shift-registers.

Time to figure out a d-pad(Genesis 6-button or Saturn?) replacement + shell mod then. :P
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

thesteve

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2016, 07:19:12 PM »

that reminds me........4bits=nibble

780racer

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2016, 11:55:15 AM »
that reminds me........4bits=nibble

I actually laughed when I saw nibble in earlier post and through the same thing steve. lol

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2016, 01:05:34 PM »
I loled so hard.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.