Author Topic: Gunhed FX1 (romhack)  (Read 1851 times)

Phase

Re: Gunhed FX1 (romhack)
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2016, 10:43:42 PM »
sent yah a pm roflmao

Last I checked, the graphics are uncompressed but stored in a weird 3bit odd tile format (title screen is 8x7 tile format). Have you thought about doing a graphic hack?
It would be cool to edit some grafx, I did play around with editing some graphic stuff in a save state in yychr to see what it would do.
I see it there toward the end of the rom when I look in yychr in 3bpp snes mode it looks similar to how the vram in mednafen displays the title screen text but I cant get it very clear, even when hitting the plus button. I did try to edit the one drop down to 8x7 but it didn't seem to help. I must be doing it wrong. any tips?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 10:48:38 PM by Phase »

Bonknuts

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2016, 04:24:08 PM »
I used tilemolester and had custom planar order (2bit and 3bit). But this was years ago. It could be some of the tiles/sprites are compressed. I could have sworn that sprites were stored in 8xN instead of 16xN format, and converted on the fly. But it's been a long time since I looked at it.

Edit: For tilemolester, just edit the XML file to create new planar layouts/formats. I did like 3bit and 4bit sequential, and 2bit interleaved planar + 1bit planar, etc.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 07:20:31 AM by Bonknuts »

Phase

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2016, 12:43:58 PM »
Thanks for the info, I used tilemolester and tried to edit the xml, but couldn’t figure out how to add interleaved in there. You wouldn’t happen to still have your xml file for tm? There is an interleaved button in the editor menu but I’m guessing your mixing it with the 1bitplaner. I did make a new composite that uses three 1bitplanners (with plane order 0) and was able to get stuff to show up pretty good. This and using 2bit composite and 1bit planer I was able to mess around with editing stuff but its pretty hard to get the right colors you want with the different layers and all. So I'm not sure if I want to spend too much time editing many objects unless I could do it easier. I did find the ship and bomb icon and replace them with something smaller like I originally wanted to. but then I had to deactivate the gold ship in the hex because I couldn’t find the gold ship tiles. But with zero lives I should have done that anyways. (Getting the power up will still pull a screen-clear of enemies).

Here’s a before and after of the hud

I’ll wait and see if there's any feedback on the original patch before I upload the new version encase I need to add any changes.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 12:51:33 PM by Phase »

Phase

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2016, 04:59:27 PM »
Download GunhedFX1Patchv101.zip

Here is the updated version with the final hud changes and two patches included (for rom with or without a header) (just use the first patch that is successful) (took a page from cabbage and included both)

esteban

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2018, 10:35:29 PM »
Holy Jesus I forgot about this.

This weekend I have to find my TED.

I said the same thing over a year and a half ago.

This is troubling.

:)
  |    | 

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2018, 05:29:45 PM »
how the f*ck did I miss this.

hot fckkin dammnnnn

[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.