Author Topic: Strider!  (Read 566 times)

Keranu

Strider!
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2006, 11:57:02 AM »
Hana Taka Daka rules, but I too am interested in the ACD port of Strider, despite all the nasty claims. Not willing to buy it yet though.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Keranu

Strider!
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2006, 11:57:21 AM »
Oh and Steve, do inform me about the game if you ever get it of course ;) .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

esteban

Strider!
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 06:50:10 PM »
Quote from: "GUTS"
Haha well it's your money afterall, but consider getting Keranu to burn you a CDR or something first so you can try it.  Instead you could spend that $50 on Hana Taka Dana and tell me how it is!
Crap! That is another game on my list. It looks like it could be a fun, quirky game, though I can't shake the feeling that "Bubble Bobble 4" (Mizubaku Dai Bouken) might provide a bigger bang for the buck.

Dammit!
  |    | 

SignOfZeta

Strider!
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2006, 12:04:11 AM »
Quote from: "Tatsujin"
Quote from: "SignOfZeta"
Quote from: "Tatsujin"
wrong forum. close topic!

Oh jeez, lets not turn this into one of those forums...

yes you're right. there is no reason to open up threads for a quote request of a single game only. better do that in the trading corner or somewhere, else the main discussion forums getting flooded by those " single request to single answer"-topics non sense :)

By "one of those fourms" and meant one of those over modded hell holes where topics are closed, and moved constantly supossedly for this or that petty reason, but really its just to satiate control freaks.

If the topic sucks, just ignore it.

Digi.k

Strider!
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2006, 01:02:40 AM »
wow if you never seen it running...

well theres a really old-ish video uploaded on youtube..

Black Tiger

Strider!
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2006, 01:30:53 AM »
I fired up Strider recently, after finishing the arcade version on PSP and once again surprised at how decent it was (compared to the rap it gets).

S-Video does help, but there actually wasn't that much flicker in the first level. It certainly is way more detailed and less totally redrawn than the Genesis version, but it also uses some weird choices for colors in some spots.

Its far from a total garbage port, its just not anywhere nere a decent PCE port. But the graphics are more or less as good as Ghouls N Ghosts SGX's(which I feel is also a lousy port graphically).

My main problem with it, either than having to continue at the beginning of a level, is that for me, the arcade original wasn't a very good game all round, so anything it loses from there onward just makes it that much less appealing.

Anyways, I recently got a request for video of it and it's second on my list of games to record and put on my site and YouTube. At the very least, I'll get level by levels clips to start.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum