Author Topic: Limited Run Games  (Read 24817 times)

bartre

Re: Limited Run Games
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2016, 10:25:07 PM »
I think I've decided to not bother getting up early to get Octo Dad.  It looks like it "might" be one of those fun quirky games that I "might" enjoy....but at the same time, it looks like a game I could end up absolutely hating & getting totally frustrated with!

honestly, it's a really fun game, but it's a one and done game.
IE, i'll probably never play through it again, but I really enjoyed the steam version.

glazball

« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2016, 07:56:14 AM »
I can't pat LRG too hard on the back, seeing as they're intentionally limiting production numbers to feed the collectard mindset.  I understand not wanting a warehouse full of unsold stock, but surely there's a middle ground between that and selling out within minutes, but they're worried that most current buyers won't buy at all if the production numbers were less constricted.

I see what you're saying Necro, but it does seem a little unfair to me.  After all, the whole reason for their existence is to release a limited number of physical discs/games.  Anyone who just wants to play the game can buy it digitally and be done.  (If the games were exclusive and otherwise unavailable, I would understand your argument.)

Also, I bought Octodad on Father's Day and the morning run did sell out quickly.  But I checked on the 2nd run and there were still copies for sale 2 days later, though it's now sold out.  So to anyone who says they are just fueling the "collectard mindset" is being unfair because everyone had a chance to pick up Octodad at retail cost if they wanted it.

Perhaps it would be more accurate to attack the "physical-copy-tard" mindset that likes to have/own an actual game.
glazball's game collection and wantlist

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2016, 09:32:12 AM »
I see what you're saying Necro, but it does seem a little unfair to me.  After all, the whole reason for their existence is to release a limited number of physical discs/games.

Pfft, fairness.  I don't know how dumb you think I am, but rest assured that I comprehend the meaning of "limited run games".  :lol:

Also, I bought Octodad on Father's Day and the morning run did sell out quickly.  But I checked on the 2nd run and there were still copies for sale 2 days later, though it's now sold out.  So to anyone who says they are just fueling the "collectard mindset" is being unfair because everyone had a chance to pick up Octodad at retail cost if they wanted it.

I based my statement on all titles sold to date, not a single title produced in 40-233% greater volume and yet to be released.  :roll:

Octodad is exactly what I'd like to see, though, as a title produced in somewhat greater quantities and thus easier to snag.  Is 3500 copies (or even 5000) really all that less of a "limited release" than 1500-2500?  Compared to most games made in the tens of thousands, I say no.

Perhaps it would be more accurate to attack the "physical-copy-tard" mindset that likes to have/own an actual game.

I'll attack both, thanks.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

glazball

« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2016, 07:45:00 AM »
Another point I meant to make but forgot is that Limited Run Games doesn't choose how many of each game gets made.  That is up to the developer.  At least, that's what I remember from their on-site FAQ which I'm too lazy now to look up.

I'm sure we can all get behind sending our hate towards those f*cktards who, whether the game had 100 or 4500 copies made, choose to intentionally keep them sealed and never play them.  Those f*ckers are worse than all the flippers combined.
glazball's game collection and wantlist

xelement5x

« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2016, 09:25:48 AM »
Another point I meant to make but forgot is that Limited Run Games doesn't choose how many of each game gets made.  That is up to the developer.  At least, that's what I remember from their on-site FAQ which I'm too lazy now to look up.

I'm sure we can all get behind sending our hate towards those f*cktards who, whether the game had 100 or 4500 copies made, choose to intentionally keep them sealed and never play them.  Those f*ckers are worse than all the flippers combined.

I think the smallest run you can do on a Vita/PS4 game is about 1500 copies.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Gypsy

« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2016, 08:41:11 AM »
I grabbed both of the games that were up this time. Xeodrifter is definitely my thing and I'm looking forward to it. Fairly suspicious of Lost Sea but if I don't like it I plan to gift it to a friend that really likes that style of game.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2016, 09:35:52 AM »
I grabbed both of the games that were up this time. Xeodrifter is definitely my thing and I'm looking forward to it. Fairly suspicious of Lost Sea but if I don't like it I plan to gift it to a friend that really likes that style of game.

I ended up picking up xeodrifter for the vita. Not sure if I will 100% love it but figured what the hell from what reviews I have seen its very short and should be a good on the go game.

As for lost at sea. Similarly to octo dad I simply had no interest.

Now the upcoming shooter. That has my attention. The only question is which version. The vita or the PS4 copy? 

Gypsy

« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2016, 09:55:03 AM »
Yeah you should be able to beat Xeodrifter in under 2 hours I think.

Soldner is only Vita I believe, so your choice it made for you. I definitely hope I can get an order in for Soldner.

xelement5x

« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2016, 10:24:22 AM »
Yeah you should be able to beat Xeodrifter in under 2 hours I think.

Soldner is only Vita I believe, so your choice it made for you. I definitely hope I can get an order in for Soldner.

Yeah, SOLDNER seems like it will have huge demand.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2016, 07:01:37 PM »
I grabbed Xeodrifter.  I already beat the digital version when it first came out, but, it's a neat game so I figured I'd get the real deal.  It's no where near as good as Axiom Verge(which I also already beat), it'd be nice if that got a physical copy.

Groover

« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2016, 01:41:02 PM »
I'd love them to do:

Scott  pilgrim vs the world
Duke Nukem (since the PC port is now on PSN)
Maiden of Blackwater (come on Nintendo snubbing NA with digital only?)
Mega man 9&10
Some kind of TG-16/Neo Geo compilation of the digital games available
Fez

You know stuff at the caliber of the Odd World which to date feels like the onlly highly polished game they have released physically.
This would be great. Megaman and Scott Pilgrim I hope could happen. I doubt TG16 will ever see the light of day. Maybe but either some company has to buy Hudsonsoft from Konami or Konami really makes a 180 and not pachinko games.

Enternal

« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2016, 06:15:53 PM »
I didn't see the list time for soldner, is July 18 10 am est still the predicted time?

Gypsy

« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2016, 12:58:25 AM »
I didn't see the list time for soldner, is July 18 10 am est still the predicted time?

It's delayed.

http://thevitalounge.net/forum/threads/limitedrungames.3072/page-68#post-55908

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2016, 06:56:30 PM »
This isn't Limited Run, but, Fan Gamer is releasing a physical copy of Shovel Knight for Vita, I plan on ordering!

http://www.fangamer.com/products/shovel-knight-for-ps-vita

•Includes a lovingly crafted, full color, 42 page instruction manual!
•Game version 2.0 just like the original 2015 retail release. Complete with the Plague of Shadows campaign, Challenge Mode, and a very special guest: Kratos from God of War!
•This version will receive free upcoming updates just like the digital PS Vita version. Including Specter Knight’s campaign, King Knight’s campaign, and Body Swap Mode.
•Shares the same trophy/game data as the digital PS Vita release.
•Transfer your save file from other Sony platforms using the in-game Cross-Save menu
•Region-free so you can enjoy Shovel Knight no matter where you are!

Medic_wheat

« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2016, 05:25:00 AM »
This isn't Limited Run, but, Fan Gamer is releasing a physical copy of Shovel Knight for Vita, I plan on ordering!

http://www.fangamer.com/products/shovel-knight-for-ps-vita

•Includes a lovingly crafted, full color, 42 page instruction manual!
•Game version 2.0 just like the original 2015 retail release. Complete with the Plague of Shadows campaign, Challenge Mode, and a very special guest: Kratos from God of War!
•This version will receive free upcoming updates just like the digital PS Vita version. Including Specter Knight’s campaign, King Knight’s campaign, and Body Swap Mode.
•Shares the same trophy/game data as the digital PS Vita release.
•Transfer your save file from other Sony platforms using the in-game Cross-Save menu
•Region-free so you can enjoy Shovel Knight no matter where you are!

I ordered one. Just had to. For the vita of it all.