Author Topic: Limited Run Games  (Read 25407 times)

Gypsy

Re: Limited Run Games
« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2016, 07:30:07 AM »
Really bugs me that those who were able to actually purchase a copy were able to buy two of them.

They posted on their forums that they are looking into it as what happened to me seemed to happen to a lot of other people.  Really disappointed.

I hear ya. And some that got it, probably don't even gaf about the game, they just see dollar signs.

In any case apparently there was a glitch in their system that let people buy shit before it went live. Supposedly it will be fixed by the time the next game goes up.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=211929222&postcount=6073

Limited Run Games ‏@LimitedRunGames 6 min.
Thanks to one of our fans for explaining how people were adding things to their cart before they went live. This will be fixed for August!

You read their forums and its nothing but collectards.  This hobby is ruined. I'm getting into something else.  Maybe hiking.  I don't think collectards can f*ck that up.

Edit:

Look at this twat.  "Are games going to get proper seals like other new games?  I'm not a sealed game collector but I want that seal!!"

http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=515

Lol @ "Im not a sealed game collector, i just don't have time to play all the games I buy."

Caring about the seal type? Really? Even if you are a sealed collector, you know how these games came sealed originally, so I really don't see how it's a problem. I'd rather get opened PS4 games so they make sure the disc is secure in the case.

TheClash603

« Reply #91 on: July 30, 2016, 07:36:33 AM »
I am surprised people had trouble getting a game, the last few they sold were available for hours before they were out of stock.  Maybe they had a game with genuine hype for once, their selection had been fairly lackluster until now.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2016, 07:42:59 AM »
That's odd. I wasn't sure what their tweet about a glitch in the system was referring to but now I get it.

So. Jn my opinin. Doesn't this mean they should just cancel all the orders who ordered more then two?  As well as do a do over and cancel anyone's order who bought it before the game went up for sale officially? 

Just my thought. However I am sure that won't happen.

Also yeah what you described about stock showing up as avilable and not being able to pay for it after putting it in your cart happened to me.

Gypsy

« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2016, 07:53:06 AM »
I am surprised people had trouble getting a game, the last few they sold were available for hours before they were out of stock.  Maybe they had a game with genuine hype for once, their selection had been fairly lackluster until now.

Yeah hopefully it isn't a problem going forward with more desirable games.

That's odd. I wasn't sure what their tweet about a glitch in the system was referring to but now I get it.

So. Jn my opinin. Doesn't this mean they should just cancel all the orders who ordered more then two?  As well as do a do over and cancel anyone's order who bought it before the game went up for sale officially? 

Just my thought. However I am sure that won't happen.

Also yeah what you described about stock showing up as avilable and not being able to pay for it after putting it in your cart happened to me.

Nice ideas, but yeah I doubt it as well. They have their money already.

At least I know I was not alone with that in stock can't check out crap, seems to have been a widespread problem.

TheClash603

« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2016, 08:19:40 AM »
I also think the allowance to order 2 when there is a limited run of games is a bad idea.  If they were having problems selling through stock, I would get it, but every game sells out same day.  If they went back to 1 copy per person and in the event they didn't sell through their whole stock, I could understand, but I don't see this being an issue.

nectarsis

« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2016, 08:57:43 AM »
Tried for Soldner as well BAHHHHH
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

Gypsy

« Reply #96 on: July 30, 2016, 10:19:03 AM »
I also think the allowance to order 2 when there is a limited run of games is a bad idea.  If they were having problems selling through stock, I would get it, but every game sells out same day.  If they went back to 1 copy per person and in the event they didn't sell through their whole stock, I could understand, but I don't see this being an issue.

Yeah I think they should limit it to one per person for at least a day (preferably 2-3 days) and then if it hasn't sold out (unlikely) just make it a free for all.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2016, 11:06:05 AM »
I ordered Soldner with no problem. Always make sure all your things are in order. Make an account with LRG and make sure everything is in order. Log in. Log in to your paypal as well. Sit at the order page and repeatedly press F5 until the option to add the game to cart appears. That's all I've done for every game and I haven't had any issues. Maybe I'm just lucky. idk.

Flare65

« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2016, 12:56:51 PM »
I ordered Soldner with no problem. Always make sure all your things are in order. Make an account with LRG and make sure everything is in order. Log in. Log in to your paypal as well. Sit at the order page and repeatedly press F5 until the option to add the game to cart appears. That's all I've done for every game and I haven't had any issues. Maybe I'm just lucky. idk.

I had everything in order.  :/

Medic_wheat

« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2016, 02:19:18 PM »

As did I. Minus the computer part. It was all on my cell. Granted I had a user account and was logged in as well as my paypal.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2016, 05:01:42 PM »

As did I. Minus the computer part. It was all on my cell. Granted I had a user account and was logged in as well as my paypal.

Damn, sorry guys. If you did all the things and still didn't get one then that's complete BS. I think I read on the LRG forums that they were gonna have a third go at selling them given the circumstances. Check it out.

http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=509
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 05:04:51 PM by HailingTheThings »

Gypsy

« Reply #101 on: July 31, 2016, 12:59:30 AM »
Damn, sorry guys. If you did all the things and still didn't get one then that's complete BS. I think I read on the LRG forums that they were gonna have a third go at selling them given the circumstances. Check it out.

http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=509

Yeah I was signed on my account for them and paypal as well. It's that stupid crap where I couldn't check out despite it saying 75% of that crap was in stock. I, like others here, kept trying until it was out of stock too. Le meh.

Thanks for posting that link, interesting.

Groover

« Reply #102 on: July 31, 2016, 05:20:32 AM »
I watched that site for over two months. I missed both batches. They sold through so fast. I'm glad I will have another go but they really shouldn't be so limited. This is like trying to buy Pepsi Perfect last year.

bartre

« Reply #103 on: July 31, 2016, 01:54:41 PM »
man, I might have to start buying a couple copies just to cover the bases for my friends....

f*ck the hoarders man.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #104 on: August 01, 2016, 04:09:20 AM »
I managed to get one, but I wish I'd bought two to sell the extra to one of you guys.  At no more than 100% markup.  :twisted:

It sucks that their order system f*cked up yet again (but it's never their fault, of course), and I don't get why they allow people to buy more than one; you'd think they'd get their shit together, but it seems unlikely to ever happen when nothing's changed after 9 months and 14 games.  I honestly don't think they give a f*ck - all they care about is being able to recoup their money quickly and brag to potential clients that they sold 3200 copies in minutes.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles