Author Topic: Limited Run Games  (Read 25397 times)

bartre

Re: Limited Run Games
« Reply #315 on: April 04, 2017, 09:05:49 AM »
I'll be honest.  I hate this Limited Run shit.  I hope you get one necro.  Ys is not a game that should be released in Limited Run fashion.  The fact most have to sit at their computer screen hitting F5 or reload on their phone to get a game is sad.  "but it's limited run!"  I also paid way less than what they want and have a soundtrack cd and artbook...straight from Falcom themselves.
yeah, I really wish they would just do preorder stuff like they did with skullgirls

Medic_wheat

« Reply #316 on: April 04, 2017, 09:40:10 AM »
I'll be honest.  I hate this Limited Run shit.  I hope you get one necro.  Ys is not a game that should be released in Limited Run fashion.  The fact most have to sit at their computer screen hitting F5 or reload on their phone to get a game is sad.  "but it's limited run!"  I also paid way less than what they want and have a soundtrack cd and artbook...straight from Falcom themselves.
yeah, I really wish they would just do preorder stuff like they did with skullgirls

I can't help but feel that because the majority of those who preordered are incapable of showing paticmace and demanding their game or a refund on twitter and such. They won't be very inclined to do more pre orders due to cisterns acting like two year olds.

glazball

« Reply #317 on: April 04, 2017, 10:40:33 AM »
With as much bullshit that seems to spew from developers for almost every work in progress, I hope Limited Run never does another pre-order again.  I'm a very patient person, but I hate being strung along indefinitely.

Did anyone here pick up Pang Adventures?  I'm kinda surprised it hasn't gotten more public love on the forums!  I admit I'm a bit rusty but really looking forward to it.  And Astebreed of course - that game looks incredible.
glazball's game collection and wantlist

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #318 on: April 04, 2017, 05:04:58 PM »
I thought about getting Pang.  I even noticed it was available hours later after the 2nd run on friday.  If it was on Vita, I would've gotten it.  I think part of my reasoning is to save space, as I have a severe space problem with collecting games.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #319 on: April 05, 2017, 02:11:45 AM »
I too would've went for Pang if it was on Vita.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Medic_wheat

« Reply #320 on: April 05, 2017, 03:07:33 AM »
With as much bullshit that seems to spew from developers for almost every work in progress, I hope Limited Run never does another pre-order again.  I'm a very patient person, but I hate being strung along indefinitely.

Did anyone here pick up Pang Adventures?  I'm kinda surprised it hasn't gotten more public love on the forums!  I admit I'm a bit rusty but really looking forward to it.  And Astebreed of course - that game looks incredible.

I didn't like the style/design of the game. With that said I felt the game itself would be no differ t then if I played a older iteration of it. So I passed.

glazball

« Reply #321 on: April 05, 2017, 04:00:38 AM »
Yea, Pang Adventures does seem to be a perfect fit for Vita over PS4.  Twas a very weird decision not to release it on Vita.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #322 on: April 14, 2017, 03:24:51 AM »
I went ahead and picked up flinthook. Looked like a fun arcade like platformer.

Now I wait for Darius. Not really sold on Ys. Only because I am not as big a fan as other probably are.

Warbucks

« Reply #323 on: April 14, 2017, 06:07:37 AM »
I was able to scoop up a Ray Gigant for Vita :)

Punch

« Reply #324 on: April 14, 2017, 06:27:47 AM »
Only reason I didn't get Pang Adventures is the art style, it looks like a cheap mobile game and it's quite unappealing to me. I'll probably get a digital copy someday though.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #325 on: April 14, 2017, 02:16:37 PM »
Not to derail my own thread but

Anyone aware of other companies like "iam8bit" releasing physical copies of games (previously digital only) you'd recommend?

I just found out that Hyper light drifter is being released for the PS4 on iam8bit and can be pre-ordered now.

Which of course I pre-ordered. Seeing how I kickstarter it, it only made sense.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #326 on: April 14, 2017, 09:19:25 PM »
Picked up both Ray Gigant & Flinthook.

glazball

« Reply #327 on: April 15, 2017, 04:53:57 AM »
@Punch - I've been playing Pang Adventures and it's a blast.  No worries!

@Medic_wheat - Here's a thread I found on cheapassgamer that seems pretty up to date.  A list of all smaller and obscure physically released games.  The list includes PS4, Vita, Wii U, XBone.  Some of them did not get a NA release but are not region locked.  It's a pretty handy list.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/357745-smallerobscurelimited-physical-release-deals-and-discussion-thread/page-1

Medic_wheat

« Reply #328 on: April 15, 2017, 07:16:27 AM »
@Punch - I've been playing Pang Adventures and it's a blast.  No worries!

@Medic_wheat - Here's a thread I found on cheapassgamer that seems pretty up to date.  A list of all smaller and obscure physically released games.  The list includes PS4, Vita, Wii U, XBone.  Some of them did not get a NA release but are not region locked.  It's a pretty handy list.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/357745-smallerobscurelimited-physical-release-deals-and-discussion-thread/page-1

Neat I'll check it out. Off I though the WiiU was region locked. Granted I should probably look at the list first.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #329 on: April 15, 2017, 07:20:40 AM »
Looking at the list I didn't know Zombie Army Trilogy was a limited release. I picked it up awhile back used at GS.