Author Topic: Recommend me a good, cheap capture card  (Read 223 times)

VenomMacbeth

Recommend me a good, cheap capture card
« on: June 12, 2016, 07:45:34 AM »
I'd like to jump on the YouTube video review bandwagon.  I'm sure you're all tremendously excited about that. -_-

Anyway, most of my consoles output AV (although I do have component cables for my Wii and PS2, as well as SVID for the SNES through Gamecube) sooo...what's a good capture card to get?  I'm pretty new to this sort of thing...
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

MNKyDeth

Re: Recommend me a good, cheap capture card
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 07:55:22 AM »
Depending on your options with your consoles this will vary greatly for what card would be best for you.

If you pipe every console into something like an upscaler that has hdmi output this can help a lot to make your choices easier.

However, if you are not using some form of HDMI then I would look mostly at the Hauppauge line up of devices. http://www.hauppauge.com/index.htm

If you can get every console to hdmi then I would look at Avermedia and Black Magic capture cards. These are more geared toward streaming as well usually so you can stream to a site like twitch.tv and record like the Hauppauge cards provide.

bob

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 10:03:12 AM »
i use the usb dazzle attachment.  it came with a copy of pinnacle and i have had good results with all my A/V consoles and even a couple of those dumb plug n play controllers
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 11:07:39 AM by gynt »

SignOfZeta

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 11:03:45 AM »
I have the Elgato Game Capture HD. I don't how much it cost compared to other devices but it was a lot cheaper than anything capture-wise used to be and the quality is very good.