Author Topic: RAFFLE!!  (Read 1618 times)

wildfruit

Re: RAFFLE!!
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2016, 11:56:06 AM »
24hrs left for late entering

wildfruit

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2016, 07:16:31 AM »
The winner is
Johnpv. You have 3 days to PM & claim.

EmperorIng

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2016, 07:37:44 AM »
The Kung Fu finds a new disciple in its never-ending quest to show how huge PCE sprites can get, everything else be damned!

esteban

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2016, 08:28:07 AM »
The Kung Fu finds a new disciple in its never-ending quest to show how huge PCE sprites can get, everything else be damned!

Goddamn, this is a fun game...except for some of the boss battles (which is admittedly the weakest aspect of the game).

HOW DARE YOU.

:)
  |    | 

Johnpv

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2016, 07:53:05 AM »
 :o  woah! I never win this is awesome! I'll make sure to get my raffle up this weekend!

wildfruit

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2016, 07:45:18 AM »
Johnpv claimed the drac X repro so I rolled again for the others and gredler wins the cunt fu.

esteban

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2016, 11:35:13 AM »
Johnpv claimed the drac X repro so I rolled again for the others and gredler wins the cunt fu.

HOW DARE YOU.

The Kung Fu.

THAT IS ALL.

:)
  |    | 

wildfruit

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2016, 08:27:09 PM »
Gredler has 3 days to claim

Gredler

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2016, 05:02:42 AM »
Cunt fuuuuuu claimed! PM sending with address now. Thanks sir!

wildfruit

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2016, 04:13:31 AM »
Prizes POSTED

Gredler

« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2016, 07:59:38 AM »
Hell mufkn yeah, thanks man! I can't wait to play the best huey of them allllllll :P

Gredler

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2016, 07:36:16 AM »
The kung fu has arrived, and I can't wait to play it! 

Any tips for playing? I would like to try and get all the way through it, but have never played the game before.

I will start a raffle sometime next week! :)

Thanks again!

esteban

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2016, 10:56:48 AM »
The kung fu has arrived, and I can't wait to play it! 

Any tips for playing? I would like to try and get all the way through it, but have never played the game before.

I will start a raffle sometime next week! :)

Thanks again!

FOR LOW-SKILLZ (don't be ashamed):

(1) it is auto-scroll, but hug the left and it advance at a snail's pace! This is especially good for China Warrior virgins.

(2) try not to use turbo too much , since it really takes away from fun and strategy. It's like button-mashing, IMHO. However, that said, turbo might be useful for certain parts, so VARIETY is the spice of strategy.

(3) you will figure out how to smack down all the different items thrown at you: sometimes you need to jump up (oolong tea life powerups!), or forward sweep kick (during particularly tricky moments when, say, a boulder/snake + arrow + projectiles are thrown all at once....

(4) there are aural cues for many projectiles...listen for them and twitch reflexes can get you through a lot of stuff (the TWANG! of an arrow is especially important because it moves so fast, leaving very little time to react)

(5) some bosses are easy once you figure out (a) how to spam with turbo *or* (b) you develop a strategy for boss's pattern of attack. Then there are some *tough* bosses that are cheap and you have to be really careful with. The cheap bosses mar this game, sadly....

(6) don't be fooled by the power up bar....you can store up MANY, MANY extra bars of life in "reserve" (the color will change from silver to gold to indicate that you have "life reserves" I am pretty sure I filled up at least 7-8 full bars of life in "reserve" by hoarding oolong tea.

(7) standing vs. ducking will make a difference when swatting enemies (to get to the proper height)

I have called this a *rhythm game* because you can pass many sections via twitch reflexes (audio/visual cues) and because there is a FLOW and natural zen-like rhythm that allows you to proceed even though you are playing a brand-new, unfamiliar stage ...this game is *not* about pure memorization...you just have to remember a few of the "ambush" points that are found on most levels.

|    | 

Gredler

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2016, 01:42:57 PM »
Great info, thanks Este. I will report after I get some time to play it a bit :)

After 45 minutes of half added effort I will say I can see a lot of what your are talking about :P

The second boss is infuriating. He keeps blocking my sweet jump kicks.

I can see this game being very addicting to try and memorize. How long roughly does it usually take to beat once you learn the patterns of the levels and bosses? I found myself clearing the first level rather quickly after my first couple attempts, so I can see how it is a rythem and memorization/muscle memory game, fun :)

I have seen this a few times now... Hahaha "new game"

Update2 : Used turbo, got past the next two tank top dudes, and now this lady is giving me grief.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 09:21:43 PM by Gredler »

otterboxer

« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2016, 09:42:58 PM »
ok, count me in (please) gotta start my collection somewhere. Giant sprites ho!
The Ys series is overrated.