Author Topic: Looking for someone to fix a TG CD  (Read 176 times)

edgeheadsts

Looking for someone to fix a TG CD
« on: July 09, 2016, 07:37:18 PM »
I just got a cd system but it won't spin which I know is common. I got it to work once by moving the laser but that only worked that one time. So if anyone can fix it or knows someone that can let me know.

ginoscope

Re: Looking for someone to fix a TG CD
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 04:24:56 AM »
Message Keith Courage on here he should be able to fix your cd.  It's most likely the middle gear that has broken off.

I would also recommend cap replacement on the TG CD if it has not been done before.  The laser is probably fine but that could also be getting weak.

edgeheadsts

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 12:22:27 PM »
Message Keith Courage on here he should be able to fix your cd.  It's most likely the middle gear that has broken off.

I would also recommend cap replacement on the TG CD if it has not been done before.  The laser is probably fine but that could also be getting weak.
Thanks for the info was looking more into it and saw I could get quite a lot more than what i paid for it since it came with a super system card. So I might just sell it and get a turbo duo.

ginoscope

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 06:01:10 AM »

Thanks for the info was looking more into it and saw I could get quite a lot more than what i paid for it since it came with a super system card. So I might just sell it and get a turbo duo.

Yeah if it came with the US Super System card that goes for an insane amount of money.  I would recommend going the PC Engine Duo route.  It's much cheaper than a US duo and basically the same thing.  Just be sure you get one that has been recapped.  This goes for both the Turbo and the PC Engine duo.