Author Topic: A Frozen Utopia poll  (Read 518 times)

runinruder

A Frozen Utopia poll
« on: March 20, 2007, 04:31:26 AM »
I asked one million Turbo fans about which projects they would like to see Frozen Utopia undertake in the future, and these were BY FAR the most popular responses.  So which of the above would you guys prefer? 
www.thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

nat

Re: A Frozen Utopia poll
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 04:32:48 AM »
Violent Soldier 2: This time, the parallax lasts the WHOLE GAME!

runinruder

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 04:46:33 AM »
Violent Soldier 2: This time, the parallax lasts the WHOLE GAME!

Good thinking, Nat.  Here are some ideas I've come up with:

1) More of those wavy backgrounds!

2) The charge meter is still there, but this time, when you're fully charged, you can RAM an enemy with your steel jaws and produce the Legendary Axe full-power "FLASHING SCREEN WITH A CRUNCH" effect!

3) Stage 4 would still be an incredibly challenging asteroid field, but this time, the asteroids would have arms and clenched fists to make them look even scarier!

My ideas usually suck, but I really think I'm on to something with these ones!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 05:14:59 AM »
I'll vote for El Viento, but not because I have any love for the original on the Genesis.  I've never played it, but it looks nicely animated with an interesting premise.  I couldn't vote for Violent Soldier 2 or Space Megaforce II, as there are already gobs of shooters available (of course there is no such thing as too many quality shmups).  I'm not too sure if Night Creatures Book II would be a great idea - why would Frozen Utopia want to be associated with that pile of code?  A Gude Crest comic would be my second choice, even though I know very little about the story behind it.  How about a new comic released along with a translation of the RPG?

I'd also go for El Viento del Trueno II.   :)
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Keranu

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 06:46:09 AM »
I voted Night Creatures Book II: Whelpman the Wanderer because it's already in the makings backstage!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 02:35:09 PM »
I voted El Viento, since I tend to like those Valis/Earnest Evans styled Telenut games.

runinruder

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 05:11:36 PM »
El Viento is a good choice.  The cinemas and music already ruled on the Genesis, so I can only imagine how amazing they'd be on CD.  And the Turbo's color palette could probably work wonders for those washed-out graphics. 

FM-77

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 12:01:35 AM »
El Viento is already perfect. It is impossible to make it better. That music... aah, some of the greatest ever. Replacing it with CD music would be the worst thing you could possibly do.

Black Tiger

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 12:25:42 PM »
Night Creatures II. Hopefully it'll be to NC1 what Drac X SotN is to Simon's Quest.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

esteban

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 04:02:50 AM »
You folks are silly!

Clearly, Night Creatures II is the game that most deservedly needs to be made. This is not opinion, this is hard, cold fact.

Night Creatures has great potential and will provide the biggest return on investment. Black_Tiger summed it up well.

El Viento? No, I'd rather see Earnest Evans get re-hauled (it needs it!)

FACT. :)
  |    |