Author Topic: ifu question...  (Read 474 times)

shugs81

ifu question...
« on: August 17, 2016, 12:17:55 AM »
Just a quick question... The av output on an ifu... Will I be able to use it to test everything? And can I still use a megadrive 1 plug to power it???

I picked it up this morning but haven't had time to test it... Stupid work....

SignOfZeta

Re: ifu question...
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 01:34:54 AM »
I don't know what you mean by "use it to test". It works, if that's what you mean.

shugs81

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 02:18:19 AM »
sorry... my bad...

I know the RF unit isn't compatible with the uk stuff...

is the IFU compatible with uk tv's without modding?

I'm planning to RGB it anyway but i'd like to be able to test that it works so if there's any other problems then i can sort them while it's open.

mickcris

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 02:38:29 AM »
dont think that will fit.  the IFU has a 5.5x2..5mm jack and the mega drive/pc engine is 5.5x2.1mm.  IIRC, it works the other way but not the way you want to use it.  think they changed the plug size so you would use an under powered supply with it.

shugs81

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 02:57:16 AM »
Bah... So I'm going to need another power supply then.... Oh well... Payday on Friday thank god!!

SignOfZeta

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 09:51:41 AM »
sorry... my bad...

I know the RF unit isn't compatible with the uk stuff...

is the IFU compatible with uk tv's without modding?

I'm planning to RGB it anyway but i'd like to be able to test that it works so if there's any other problems then i can sort them while it's open.

There is zero compatability with PAL in any PCE stuff except for the weird hacks and grey market things and the Euro Turbo.

shugs81

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2016, 10:27:53 AM »
I was more meaning using the ifu would I get a signal on a TV... I just acquired a CRT and it appears that yes it does work!!

Awesomesauce...

Vimtoman

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2016, 10:36:07 AM »
Pretty much all Pal TV's accept composite NTSC .

wildfruit

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2016, 11:24:13 AM »
Bah... So I'm going to need another power supply then.... Oh well... Payday on Friday thank god!!
Mine too!

SignOfZeta

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2016, 02:42:53 PM »
I was more meaning using the ifu would I get a signal on a TV... I just acquired a CRT and it appears that yes it does work!!

Awesomesauce...

In all seriousness, what did you think those jacks could possibly be used for other than video and audio?

imparanoic

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2016, 05:12:59 PM »
with native japanese pc engine

unless your TV is multi standard ( very rare in UK, but common in Hong kong),  there is little chance that it can display full colour non rolling stable ntsc with a standard TV via composite

however, CRT professional monitors will work in ntsc

hence, why european gamers had to resort to RGB inorder to play ntsc games which is very common on scart TV,

Ergot_Cholera

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2016, 08:08:18 AM »
with native japanese pc engine

unless your TV is multi standard ( very rare in UK, but common in Hong kong),  there is little chance that it can display full colour non rolling stable ntsc with a standard TV via composite

however, CRT professional monitors will work in ntsc

hence, why european gamers had to resort to RGB inorder to play ntsc games which is very common on scart TV,
Nonsense! All TVs sold in the UK/Europe within the last 20 years or so will display an NTSC signal via composite.

shugs81

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2016, 08:19:27 AM »
The ifu works fine through composite onto my Sony wega TV...

I just didn't know if composite was like the rf and would only work in Japan... I just wanted to test it before rgb-ing it...