Author Topic: Ys Map Prints  (Read 987 times)

elderbroom

Re: Ys Map Prints
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2014, 04:22:58 PM »
Oh yeah .. and Phase, those look awesome.  If you ever plan to sell them, I'd most certainly grab myself a copy.
-----------------------
Elderbroom
My TG-16/PCE Collection : http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/615/show-collection.htm

Soera

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2014, 02:31:47 AM »
I want a copy. Been waiting for you to finish these. Wish I could get in on the raffle but Ill just wait til you post some for sale.

Piwi

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2014, 06:33:17 PM »
Wow !! Looks awesome!

schnuth

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2014, 07:55:42 PM »
Those look amazing. Me want! :)

esteban

Ys Map Prints
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2014, 02:31:51 AM »
HOW DID I MISS THIS?!

I ABSOLUTELY ADORE THE Ys COVERART!!!!!! Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous. 

Every item (i.e. Maps) are excellent, by the way, but the item that I am most surprised by (totally) is the cover art. It is exactly the sort of thing I would have tried to do (but not nearly as competently!)

To clarify: you took original cover (square manual)  and modified it in PhotoShop to create a "letterbox poster", correct?

It looks like it could be original composition, so, bravo! Did you use a tool like "clone stamp" to extend the clouds (left, right) or was it old-fashioned freehand done in a similar style?

Basically, tell me about your work process, since I am intrigued. 
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 03:08:24 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

Phase

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2014, 11:34:06 AM »
Sorry for late response, the cover art is from the Ys artbook along with the minimap, unfortunately I had to take some of the pages out of the book to get decent scans :cry: , then I touched them up and enhanced the color, I recreated the main logo and added the newer Falcom logo. For the mini map I added some wear look and changed the color a bit to go with the big maps.

Sadler

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2014, 11:42:31 AM »
Sorry for late response, the cover art is from the Ys artbook along with the minimap, unfortunately I had to take some of the pages out of the book to get decent scans :cry: , then I touched them up and enhanced the color, I recreated the main logo and added the newer Falcom logo. For the mini map I added some wear look and changed the color a bit to go with the big maps.

Would you be willing to upload the source images somewhere?

esteban

Ys Map Prints
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2014, 12:56:34 PM »

Thanks! I thought you had manually created the left and right borders. 

Anyway, gorgeous!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 01:03:01 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

spenoza

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2014, 04:47:35 PM »
I'm basically re-posting this from the raffle thread, but it needs to be here, too. You want these prints. You know you do.

OK folks, if you like Ys, you want this stuff. I'm serious. The map and image are maybe 11 x 17 *CORRECTION: They are just shy of 11" by 14.5"* and look gorgeous. If I can find an affordable frame I might throw it up on the wall in the "game room".

I'm surprised everything came out looking so good. The ONLY flaw I can find is that where there are spots of white they aren't glossy like the rest of the ink on the paper (because the white is where there's no ink). Otherwise, it's fantastic all the way through.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 08:38:29 AM by spenoza »
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

esteban

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2014, 04:59:20 AM »

I'm basically re-posting this from the raffle thread, but it needs to be here, too. You want these prints. You know you do.

OK folks, if you like Ys, you want this stuff. I'm serious. The map and image are maybe 11 x 17 and look gorgeous. If I can find an affordable frame I might throw it up on the wall in the "game room".

I'm surprised everything came out looking so good. The ONLY flaw I can find is that where there are spots of white they aren't glossy like the rest of the ink on the paper (because the white is where there's no ink). Otherwise, it's fantastic all the way through.

I am officially envious!!!!! 
  |    | 

gex

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2016, 05:33:44 AM »
Wow that's some sexy cover art

esteban

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2016, 05:43:02 AM »
OMG!

I still have to frame the Ys cover art. What size is it? I have not opened the box you sent because I am STOOPID and because KIDS GET GREASE+CHOCOLATE  fingers on everything.
  |    | 

Phase

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2016, 06:30:34 PM »
OMG!

I still have to frame the Ys cover art. What size is it? I have not opened the box you sent because I am STOOPID and because KIDS GET GREASE+CHOCOLATE  fingers on everything.

Kids cant resist deep fried chocolate  =P~
Here we go, from the sales thread - Maps are approx 10 3/4 x 13 5/8 and cover poster is 15 5/8 x 10 3/4 inches

esteban

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2016, 06:34:43 PM »
OMG!

Kids cant resist deep fried chocolate  =P~
Here we go, from the sales thread - Maps are approx 10 3/4 x 13 5/8 and cover poster is 15 5/8 x 10 3/4 inches

Thank you, kindly :)

|    |