Author Topic: FX-Unit Yuki: The Henshin Engine for TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine  (Read 25991 times)

nopepper

Re: Henshin Engine Game for TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2016, 10:05:17 AM »
Can I just send the moneys directly to Black Tiger etc. so that I dont have to sign up to Kickstarter or sign in through FB?

I dont want to be part of Kickstarter...

NightWolve

Re: Henshin Engine Game for TG-16/PC Engine - Needs more Kickstarter push/help!!
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2016, 10:11:20 AM »
You have to nopepper, or the Kickstarter might fail its target goal... What you give privately cannot be counted by the Kickstarter system... That's how it goes. Also sucks, but you'll have to pull out a credit card as Paypal is not supported for some reason...

Advice: Log in with Facebook, let it create your account that way, back it with a CC (uncheck the box to save your number for other projects), wait till it's over if it succeeds, then after your CC is charged and you know for sure, go to your account settings and completely delete your account (it allows complete deletion). Again, *WAIT* till this is all over and you see the charge on your online CC billing before deleting the account!

This is the only way if you want your backing/investing to get the project over the finish line (it could still make it without you, but every person is critical right now and counts as backing has slowed down!).
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 10:57:07 AM by NightWolve »

mickcris

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2016, 10:55:43 AM »
Papal charges a fee so they most likely don't want to pay it

NightWolve

Re: Henshin Engine Game for TG-16/PC Engine - Needs more Kickstarter push/help!!
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2016, 11:03:35 AM »
I can't imagine it's more than what CC companies charge, a % cut of the total or something, as they had a monopoly for so long and it's why some brick'n'mortar retailers only accept debit cards. Anybody know for sure what the rates are, is PayPal now worse than the average CC company ?? Just out of curiosity.

mickcris

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2016, 11:06:35 AM »
not sure how right this is
https://www.valuepenguin.com/what-credit-card-processing-fees-costs
says visa is 1.43% to 2.4%

paypal charges $0.30 + 2.9%
paypal also has to pay the processing fee and passes it off to the customer

nodtveidt

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2016, 11:08:12 AM »
Paypal is close to the same fees as many credit cards. The gap is just about closed and has been ever since their policy revisions in mid-2015. From what I understand, Paypal was always able to keep its fees lower because they did bulk CC processing but that all went to shit last year. As a rule, merchant fees SUCK... speaking from experience on that one.

EDIT: Okay, if that link is right, then Paypal has actually exceeded the fees then...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 11:10:49 AM by The Old Rover »

mickcris

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2016, 11:11:00 AM »
paypal also sucks.  they could just decide they were going to hold kickstarters money for what ever reason.  im sure there are many reasons they choose not to use it.

It just makes it easier for normal people that cannot accept credit cards to take payments.  There is not much more reason for it to exist.

nodtveidt

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2016, 11:15:19 AM »
I remember the outrage over the 30 cent flat fee... it put a severe dent in microtransactions... like people who had designed games that sold in-game content for a dollar or two... they were forced to pay the 30 cents on top of the percentage, which is a huge profit loss for them.

nopepper

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2016, 06:40:22 PM »
You have to nopepper, or the Kickstarter might fail its target goal... What you give privately cannot be counted by the Kickstarter system... That's how it goes. Also sucks, but you'll have to pull out a credit card as Paypal is not supported for some reason...

Advice: Log in with Facebook, let it create your account that way, back it with a CC (uncheck the box to save your number for other projects), wait till it's over if it succeeds, then after your CC is charged and you know for sure, go to your account settings and completely delete your account (it allows complete deletion). Again, *WAIT* till this is all over and you see the charge on your online CC billing before deleting the account!

This is the only way if you want your backing/investing to get the project over the finish line (it could still make it without you, but every person is critical right now and counts as backing has slowed down!).

I'll back it this weekend, once I have some free time to go over all the options. I cannot not do this; it's a new PCE game for chrissakes!

Appreciate your response and detailed explanation.

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2016, 03:04:09 AM »
We'll have a Henshin-Engine demo running at AWA (Anime Weekend Atlanta) next weekend (Sept 30 - Oct 2nd, 2016) if any folks in the area want to check it. 20" PVM running RGB.

It'll be in the arcade area. The con requires a badge, but the arcade are is not in the main area and historically pretty weak on badge checks(no promises tho).
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

xelement5x

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2016, 03:21:24 AM »
I plan on backing it next week, just need to take care of some other stuff first.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

NightWolve

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2016, 03:58:58 AM »
I remember the outrage over the 30 cent flat fee... it put a severe dent in microtransactions... like people who had designed games that sold in-game content for a dollar or two... they were forced to pay the 30 cents on top of the percentage, which is a huge profit loss for them.

Oooooh, I see, right, the .99 cent charges for in-app purchases or say MP3s must've been the target for that, etc... Yeah, so an immediate .30 cent charge on each sale plus the other % would really take a bite out of your profit! It's a 30% cut + 2.9% each time!!!

Keith Courage

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2016, 07:36:18 AM »
oh, so the Henshin engine is a game? for the longest time because of the name, I thought this was an actual engine being developed to help design games. You know, much like people would talk about the Quake 3 engine or the Unreal Tournament engine.

anyways, the game looks great. Keep up the good work.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 03:04:38 PM by Keith Courage »

NightWolve

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2016, 12:32:38 PM »
Up to $14,812 today, almost ready to cross the $15k mark with 12 days to go... We'll see...

If you know other places where PCE fans tend to congregate, by all means, spam away... I handled most of the Facebook groups I know already. Only thing else I was thinking of was maybe that French PCE forum (or whatever French PCE groups are out there), might be worth a visit to their #utopiasoft chatroom as well.

nodtveidt

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2016, 12:44:17 PM »
We're gonna clear it. :) HE will be a reality. :D