Author Topic: NES classic  (Read 12484 times)

crazydean

Re: NES classic
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2016, 01:03:40 AM »
Since the controllers for this thing are only $10, I was thinking about getting one to refurbish my old NES controller. I bought some replacement rubbers a while back, and although they work well, they don't feel quite right. Also, a new controller case and buttons would be wonderful. Any thoughts?
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2016, 01:33:35 AM »
Cheap marketing ploy. Nintendo always seems to try and create hype by controlling the supply at release. They had months to gauge market interest and knew it would be a hot seller for the holiday season yet they chose this path. There is no reason that most retail stores state side should have had a near adequate supply at launch. Most brick and mortar stores only had 5 - 7 systems each which is ridiculous. Its not like we are talking about a major $300, $400, $500 gaming  console here, it's a cheap plug and play device!

Yep.  By strangling the supply chain, they're trying to make it look more popular than it really is.

f*ck the flippers and f*ck the goofballs that'll pay stupid prices because they gotta have it NOW!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

esadajr

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2016, 05:07:27 AM »
Preordered it from Amazon UK back in July. Just arrived at my PMB this morning.
But don't take me wrong, I'm still on the hate bandwagon at the big N for creating artificial scarcity once more. Just in time for celebrating the Wii anniversary. Which is the (almost) perfect emulation machine which nobody seems to want.
Gaming since 1985

KingDrool

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2016, 05:15:35 AM »
I managed to nab one mid-day on Friday. GameStop had them back up around 2pm, but the site kept crashing. So I downloaded their app and got one that way. It's supposed to deliver by Wednesday.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

Medic_wheat

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2016, 08:03:32 AM »
I managed to nab one mid-day on Friday. GameStop had them back up around 2pm, but the site kept crashing. So I downloaded their app and got one that way. It's supposed to deliver by Wednesday.

Weird in my area with the GS app it said local pick up only. Item can't be ordered in-line.

Otaking

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2016, 11:27:07 AM »
I was trying to get a NES Mini Classic for my kids as one of their Christmas presents but I couldn't get one, and now I'm glad I couldn't as I'm hearing reports that it suffers from bad input lag. I hate input lag, I found that on games on the Wii virtual console, made it unplayable to me.

TR0N

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2016, 11:50:08 AM »
I was trying to get a NES Mini Classic for my kids as one of their Christmas presents but I couldn't get one, and now I'm glad I couldn't as I'm hearing reports that it suffers from bad input lag. I hate input lag, I found that on games on the Wii virtual console, made it unplayable to me.

I don't know about that though i've heard the worst lag is for punch out.I was watching this gamexplain video earlier for the comparison.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Otaking

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2016, 12:10:34 PM »

I don't know about that though i've heard the worst lag is for punch out.I was watching this gamexplain video earlier for the comparison.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH1ZH71P_fE

Not able to play video at the moment, but will checkout that gamexplain video when I next can.

Here's one of the places I heard reports of lag.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2016, 12:27:03 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH1ZH71P_fE

When I actually get a chance to play it I'll know right away. At one point I was able to beat punch-out without taking any damage. I'm still pretty good at it and have noticed issues with LCDs and the virtual console version before

Added in edit:
I tried a quick playthrough on an actual cart on my CRT. Played fine but the recording of my CRT didn't turn out so well. https://youtu.be/OsKaCI6o4z0
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 01:03:25 PM by DragonmasterDan »
--DragonmasterDan

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2016, 05:06:17 PM »
I hate input lag, I found that on games on the Wii virtual console, made it unplayable to me.
Wii or Wii U's virtual console?
Just asking, because to me, the original Wii's virtual console does appear to me as having no lag at all.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2016, 07:48:10 PM »

Wii or Wii U's virtual console?
Just asking, because to me, the original Wii's virtual console does appear to me as having no lag at all.

Depends on the type of display you're playing it on.
--DragonmasterDan

SuperDeadite

« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2016, 10:55:41 PM »
Hmm, no Punch Out on the Fami mini, but I had no trouble clearing Super Contra on it.  Only game I find annoying to play is Ninja Gaiden, simply because on the Fami Mini the d-pad is sooo damn tiny, that it makes wall jumping a lot harder then it should be.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2016, 06:53:53 AM »
Depends on the type of display you're playing it on.
I play on both a 100Hz Samsung CRT TV with RGB and S-Video cables, as well as a pretty old (but good quality) 720p Loewe LCD TV (no HDMI or DVI input) with YPbPr (Wii, PS3) and VGA (Xbox 360) cable. Both have no noticeable delay.

However, I had a lot of trouble on a friend's new 1080p Samsung LCD TV. There was no way I knew of to disable overdrive and other picture processing bullshit. It didn't matter if I was playing via Composite Video, YPbPr or HDMI. Even driving cars in GTA V felt like wading in molasses, and I could not do any precise jumping in Mega Man 2, thus failing the Bubble Man stage (lol).

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

csgx1

« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2016, 07:53:09 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/walmart-chance-buy-nes-classic-every-day-week-233249346.html

Walmart is supposedly going to sell them online everyday this week at 5pm ET. 

esadajr

« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2016, 09:15:02 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/walmart-chance-buy-nes-classic-every-day-week-233249346.html

Walmart is supposedly going to sell them online everyday this week at 5pm ET. 

This just happened to a buddy of mine. He was able to add it to the cart but got this when trying to checkout: "Your item isn't available for pickup or delivery to 46356. See details below.
Please save it for later or ship to a different ZIP Code."

Also happened to another friend in Texas.

I wonder which zip codes are allowed to buy this hard to manufacture advanced piece of tech.
Gaming since 1985