Author Topic: NES classic  (Read 12500 times)

KnightWarrior

Re: NES classic
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2017, 05:09:29 PM »
I got 1 on Day 1

Don't regret it at ll

esadajr

« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2017, 03:41:17 AM »
I don't regret it either, it's just sort of unusable to me. Nice "I admit it" item though.
Gaming since 1985

esteban

« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2017, 03:47:46 AM »
I don't regret it either, it's just sort of unusable to me. Nice "I admit it" item though.

Dude, I'll buy yours. I want one.

My kids and I play NES on a small monitor at my desk, but it would be fun to see HDMI on HDTV.

I'm curious about how it actually looks/plays on modern TV.
  |    | 

Dicer

« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2017, 03:52:38 AM »
I'd own one if scalpers haven't beaten me to the punch each and every f*cking time...

esteban

« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2017, 03:54:13 AM »
I'd own one if scalpers haven't beaten me to the punch each and every f*cking time...

I haven't even looked in a month.

How has Nintendo not been able to pump out some more? What the heck?
  |    | 

Dicer

« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2017, 04:11:34 AM »

I haven't even looked in a month.

How has Nintendo not been able to pump out some more? What the heck?

Even when a good stock comes in, one asshat comes in and buys the lot, CL is covered in them around here...
I'm gonna go vigilante soon and setup a meeting and beat the ever loving shit out of these fools.

seieienbu

« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2017, 10:55:38 AM »
I was at a small time mostly-used video game chain, Game Trade, because a friend of mine told me they had two of these in stock.  I dropped what I was doing and went over there.  The girl at the counter said "It's $139."  I gave an angry "WHAT!?" and then just walked out.  That's not even cheaper than ebay rates at this point.  I've been trying to get one for my sister since she asked me for one for Christmas.  I'd laugh it off otherwise but I still refuse to pay that much for something with a $60 MSRP.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

esteban

« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2017, 11:07:03 AM »
I was at a small time mostly-used video game chain, Game Trade, because a friend of mine told me they had two of these in stock.  I dropped what I was doing and went over there.  The girl at the counter said "It's $139."  I gave an angry "WHAT!?" and then just walked out.  That's not even cheaper than ebay rates at this point.  I've been trying to get one for my sister since she asked me for one for Christmas.  I'd laugh it off otherwise but I still refuse to pay that much for something with a $60 MSRP.

Yeah, at this point I'm just going to wait until the price is $60.

|    | 

Punch

« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2017, 12:05:17 PM »
Nintendo finally figured out how to weaponize NintendoAge style collectardism.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2017, 03:43:21 PM »
I don't see what Nintendo has to do with it. They aren't the ones profiting $100 per unit. They've kept MSRP the same and are even now increasing the supply. There are just...a lot of Nintendorks and a lot of lazy fat pieces of crap who think that "waiting outside of Target before they open" is a job.

TheClash603

« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2017, 04:01:42 PM »
Do you think Nintendo is kicking themselves over not setting the price at $80?  It assuredly would've sold out immediately still and would've been an easy couple million dollars for Nintendo.  They are in a tough spot for the inevitable SNES Classic, will there be backlash with a price increase, even though demand indicates one is reasonable?

I'd rather they had knocked up the NES Classic price $20 which was well received and knocked down the Switch Pro Controller by $20, as the price of the controller has been blasted by pretty much everyone.  Would end up costing me the same in the end though I suppose...

Dicer

« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2017, 02:27:21 AM »
Do you think Nintendo is kicking themselves over not setting the price at $80?  It assuredly would've sold out immediately still and would've been an easy couple million dollars for Nintendo.  They are in a tough spot for the inevitable SNES Classic, will there be backlash with a price increase, even though demand indicates one is reasonable?

I'd rather they had knocked up the NES Classic price $20 which was well received and knocked down the Switch Pro Controller by $20, as the price of the controller has been blasted by pretty much everyone.  Would end up costing me the same in the end though I suppose...

The NES classics internals do not justify another $20 so a bump to 50 games perhaps would have offset the cost. Controllers are expensive all around these days and the extra hardware needed for HD rumble etc is justified to the cost.

I think they just needed to do a better job keeping with demand.

gheebee

« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2017, 02:41:07 AM »
I don't know about everyone else but while waiting for these to become readily available so I can buy one for MSRP I have pretty much lost interest in owning one of these. The shortage annoyed me and still kind of does, but in the end it may have saved me $60. :]

SignOfZeta

« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2017, 02:47:37 AM »
Geez, you're a fickle little baby, aren't you?

jperryss

« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2017, 03:24:46 AM »
I think they just needed to do a better job keeping with demand.

Nintendo chose not to keep up with demand because it drives the hype machine. They did it with the Wii, and then that ripoff Super Mario Bros collection that was just the SNES rom on a disc, and then with the Amiibo stuff. Push it out right before the holidays in small supply, ride the hype wave, and trickle shipments out for the next 6-12 months. Every time.

And I hate to be that person, but a RetroPie is a far more capable setup anyway. My sister wanted a NES Classic but couldn't find one. $75 for a full Pi kit including TWO controllers without stupidly short cords, and took me about an hour to setup.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 03:28:33 AM by jperryss »