Author Topic: NES classic  (Read 12483 times)

Lost Monkey

Re: NES classic
« Reply #225 on: September 29, 2017, 01:07:58 AM »
Picked up a SNES Classic this morning at Walmart.  Went to a small town nearby rather than a city store. There were 6 people in line 10 minutes before the store opened.

Only problem was that I had to go to Walmart. 
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 01:40:10 AM by Lost Monkey »

Digi.k

« Reply #226 on: September 29, 2017, 01:29:05 AM »
mine arrived just now. 

I missed the early pre orders but got a heads up on another shipment and managed to place an order before it all sold out again..

surprised at the size of the box :P

« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 02:01:39 AM by Digi.k »

turboswimbz

« Reply #227 on: September 29, 2017, 04:32:52 AM »
Picked up a SNES Classic this morning at Walmart.  Went to a small town nearby rather than a city store. There were 6 people in line 10 minutes before the store opened.

Only problem was that I had to go to Walmart. 

I live in a pretty heavily populated area.  and I was able to get one at target with no wait at 8:15.  they had about 15 left at that point.  I did have to deal with (3) people getting 2 and 3 with the intent to gouge em.  but idk how well this will work.  THe Best buy still had stock at that time and the Toys' r US had 60 although when I checked 5 minutes before opening they were sold out already. (tickets)  I ended up grabbing 2 easily.  with no wait, all said and done.  The good news I got also:  target and Toys expected another shipment of about the same amount sometime before turkey day.  but they were unsure if these were going to be held on to until black Friday. 
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

xelement5x

« Reply #228 on: September 29, 2017, 05:49:08 AM »
I will probably get one of these if I can just walk into a story at some point, but I'm not going to wait in line. 

The US SNES always looked gross compared to the EU/JP version though in my opinion.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #229 on: September 29, 2017, 05:58:38 AM »
I passed a Toys R us on my way to work and about two hours before they opened there was 40ish people lined up. Ugh
--DragonmasterDan

Bloufo

« Reply #230 on: September 29, 2017, 06:06:16 AM »
There were some available (not sure about right now) from PlayAsia. A friend of mine ordered one (the US version) a few hours ago, and it's already showing as "shipped" with UPS tracking, in his order details.
I was thinking about it, but getting the EU version is enough for me.

sirhcman

« Reply #231 on: September 29, 2017, 06:11:47 AM »
Anyone want to sell a US one? I am willing to pay more than MSRP

Digi.k

« Reply #232 on: September 29, 2017, 06:15:30 AM »

sirhcman

« Reply #233 on: September 29, 2017, 06:17:47 AM »
LeAnn Versace is a cunt.

johnnykonami

« Reply #234 on: September 29, 2017, 06:30:08 AM »
I went out to TRU near me and stood in line with 40ish people, they handed out tickets and had 44 of them to sell.  It wasn't too painless, though I have to stay a little later at work today to make up for the excursion.  Half of the people around me were scalpers (I'm opening and playing mine later, no worries!), one of em' even said "I don't even want this; I guarantee in 2 hours after leaving here I will sell it for triple the price."  His wife or something called him over to the line (they were just wandering around the dead mall where this TRU is) and said "Hey, there's a new thing today, they only have 44 of them!" (that's how I know how many there were, she kept telling everyone) and so he queued up.  Many people in line were exclaiming similar to "It's already going for $240 on target's website!". so you know they were just there to ruin everyone's fun to make a pretty small payday (it was 1 per person at TRU).

Quite a few of the guys in line looked the type to just play the thing, though, so there's that.  Kudos to TRU for handling the whole thing like pros, shame they're going out of business.

sirhcman

« Reply #235 on: September 29, 2017, 06:34:29 AM »
Kudos to TRU for handling the whole thing like pros, shame they're going out of business.

They are filling bankruptcy in order to restructure.  They aren't going out of business

Digi.k

« Reply #236 on: September 29, 2017, 06:35:05 AM »

sirhcman

« Reply #237 on: September 29, 2017, 06:36:53 AM »
well if Nintendo are to be believed they will make more into 2018

http://uk.businessinsider.com/nintendo-extends-super-nes-classic-edition-production-into-2018-2017-9?r=US&IR=T

I don't trust a single word they say anymore

johnnykonami

« Reply #238 on: September 29, 2017, 06:44:57 AM »
Kudos to TRU for handling the whole thing like pros, shame they're going out of business.

They are filling bankruptcy in order to restructure.  They aren't going out of business

Oh, my bad then.  Hope they hang around for years to come.

And I also hope they do make more than enough for everyone to get one at MSRP.  I will probably grab a NES Classic when they go back into production too, although I have the real thing.  Honestly getting the SNES Classic was mostly about Starfox 2 for me, if they had some other exclusive for the NES it would have been more tempting.   

SignOfZeta

« Reply #239 on: September 29, 2017, 08:10:46 AM »
http://thehardtimes.net/harddrive/spend-80-snes-classic-can-install-emulators-raspberry-pi-never-shut-f*ck/

Seth Macy September 29, 2017  Hard Drive
Why Spend $80 on an SNES Classic When You Can Install Emulators on a Raspberry Pi and Never Shut the f*ck Up About It?

“Speaking of which, some have said that the SNES Classic’s two controllers are an advantage, as if you can’t get USB controllers that look exactly the same as SNES controllers. Plus they’re only like $10 so when they break after a week they’re super easy to replace.”

Man, there are home runs and then there are grand slams, this is a grand slam.*

* I think I mean grand slam. I don’t know sports. I meant a really good thing in a game, the best thing.