Author Topic: NES classic  (Read 12697 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: NES classic
« Reply #240 on: September 29, 2017, 08:29:06 AM »
Heh, good lulz; xele posted it in chat too.  I like this one: "You don’t even technically need a controller, you can easily set it up to run on a just keyboard and a good batch of superiority. "
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

SignOfZeta

« Reply #241 on: September 29, 2017, 08:30:34 AM »
Man, if only I could, if only I could...

seieienbu

« Reply #242 on: September 29, 2017, 09:25:25 AM »
lol at the article.   :lol:

A friend of mine picked up 8 of these.  Friend or otherwise, I kinda hope he loses his shirt on those purchases.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Lost Monkey

« Reply #243 on: September 29, 2017, 09:40:49 AM »
I am a reasonably competent tech guy, and I got fed up with having to reconfigure the controllers and tinker with settings every reboot before I was even done setting up the friggin Pi.  It is cool, but is for hobbyists - not users...

Quote from: Seth Macy
After it arrives, get a MicroSD card and load NOOBS on it. You can also buy a MicroSD card with NOOBS pre-installed, if you want to miss the f*cking point entirely.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 09:44:52 AM by Lost Monkey »

jperryss

« Reply #244 on: September 29, 2017, 09:52:26 AM »
LeAnn Versace is a cunt.

Flipping on launch day for 400% markup = You're a cunt
Flipping on launch day for 400% markup and showing everyone that you bought six when you could easily just show a picture of one = "Look at me, I'm a cunt!"

Seriously, why show more than one other than to be an attention whore? If people know you have a bunch they're more likely to throw lower offers at you.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 09:55:38 AM by jperryss »

sirhcman

« Reply #245 on: September 29, 2017, 10:04:14 AM »
LeAnn Versace is a cunt.

Flipping on launch day for 400% markup = You're a cunt
Flipping on launch day for 400% markup and showing everyone that you bought six when you could easily just show a picture of one = "Look at me, I'm a cunt!"

Seriously, why show more than one other than to be an attention whore? If people know you have a bunch they're more likely to throw lower offers at you.

Yeah you are right, let me rephrase my original response.. LeAnn Versace is a DUMB cunt! :D

HailingTheThings

« Reply #246 on: September 29, 2017, 12:05:41 PM »
Went to a Meijer last night with a friend to buy some Sobe and look at the toy aisle. While walking past the checkout lanes we noticed a line of people. We were like "WTF?" Heard someone say something about waiting for the SNES Classic. I began laughing out loud. Then very loudly said "Why the f*ck would anyone want a hunk of f*cking shit? Oh wait, Nintendo, right? Ahh hahashahahahaha." People started staring at me. lol

turboswimbz

« Reply #247 on: September 29, 2017, 03:02:22 PM »
So after fooling around with the SNES Classic for quite a bit.  I've come to a few conclusions.  Most of which I believed before getting it.

NOT SO GOOD STUFF:  there is nothing about it that makes me feel it is better than any other form of emulation.  getting a 3d printed mini NES or SNES case for a retro pie would be very similar the same IMO. The picture even with all the settings is not great if you're a videophile. the sound is not fantastical either. Not that either is bad, it's just once again not better than what's out there already and there are other options. 
      TLDR: there is nothing here for me to say that unless you are already interested, to justify you paying the price for this, there are other viable options out there.

THE GOOD STUFF: It is still cool.  For a Nintendo Fan, they are a neat little nostalgia box, and it is licensed Nintendo, for whatever the legal aspects mean to you.  The interface is nice as well.  The controller is very similar to the original, which is slightly better than some of the other controllers I've tried so if you're a perfectionist these feel good. Plug and Play out of the box is great for audiences who don't care to mess with the PI or other emulation.
    TLDR:  It is plug and play, games are fun, emulation is fine, controllers and interface are nice, and hey if you like Nintendo it's worth a pickup.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #248 on: September 29, 2017, 04:07:01 PM »
If you can’t tell the different between a 3D printed case and something injection molded then how can I trust your opinion on anything?

TLDR: I don’t know what TLDR stands for.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #249 on: September 29, 2017, 04:07:52 PM »
Went to a Meijer last night with a friend to buy some Sobe and look at the toy aisle. While walking past the checkout lanes we noticed a line of people. We were like "WTF?" Heard someone say something about waiting for the SNES Classic. I began laughing out loud. Then very loudly said "Why the f*ck would anyone want a hunk of f*cking shit? Oh wait, Nintendo, right? Ahh hahashahahahaha." People started staring at me. lol

I know, it’s weird. Every time I act like a total f*cking a$$hole in public I get nasty looks too. f*cking DICKS.

esteban

« Reply #250 on: September 29, 2017, 04:44:13 PM »
HahahahhahahahHjahaja. 

This thread keeps delivering the ‘tainment.

Thanks, comrades.
  |    | 

Bloufo

« Reply #251 on: September 29, 2017, 05:13:44 PM »
He looks so proud. I think he's going to adopt it.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #252 on: September 29, 2017, 08:15:41 PM »

I know, it’s weird. Every time I act like a total f*cking a$$hole in public I get nasty looks too. f*cking DICKS.

EXACTLY. THANK YOU!

turboswimbz

« Reply #253 on: September 30, 2017, 01:44:12 AM »
If you can’t tell the different between a 3D printed case and something injection molded then how can I trust your opinion on anything?

TLDR: I don’t know what TLDR stands for.

I wasn't suggesting the same quality, just that the thing isn't all that special.

How can I trust you if you don't know the difference between different and difference

TDLR:  Being a d*ck is fun. 

TCTRLP: 

NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #254 on: September 30, 2017, 03:39:36 AM »
Seriously, what is with the TDLR thing? Is that like an error code your central processing unit spits out sometimes when you run a program?