Author Topic: NES classic  (Read 12481 times)

turboswimbz

Re: NES classic
« Reply #255 on: September 30, 2017, 04:37:06 AM »
Seriously, what is with the TDLR thing? Is that like an error code your central processing unit spits out sometimes when you run a program?

TLDR
Too Long, Didn't Read

BTW I was just screwing around. 
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

Bloufo

« Reply #256 on: September 30, 2017, 04:48:36 AM »
Seriously, what is with the TDLR thing?

A quick google search threw up a dept of licensing and regulation. Texas.

Judging by some of the customer feedback, not highly recommended.

"The rudest people you will ever meet, welcome to the 13th circle of hell"

SignOfZeta

« Reply #257 on: September 30, 2017, 06:11:33 AM »
Seriously, what is with the TDLR thing? Is that like an error code your central processing unit spits out sometimes when you run a program?

TLDR
Too Long, Didn't Read

BTW I was just screwing around. 

Ah, so it is an error code. Buffer underrun, out of memory, something like that. I hope your operator can get it fixed.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #258 on: September 30, 2017, 06:18:39 AM »
http://thehardtimes.net/harddrive/spend-80-snes-classic-can-install-emulators-raspberry-pi-never-shut-f*ck/

Seth Macy September 29, 2017  Hard Drive
Why Spend $80 on an SNES Classic When You Can Install Emulators on a Raspberry Pi and Never Shut the f*ck Up About It?

“Speaking of which, some have said that the SNES Classic’s two controllers are an advantage, as if you can’t get USB controllers that look exactly the same as SNES controllers. Plus they’re only like $10 so when they break after a week they’re super easy to replace.”

Man, there are home runs and then there are grand slams, this is a grand slam.*

* I think I mean grand slam. I don’t know sports. I meant a really good thing in a game, the best thing.

The comment in the comment feed:

"Why buy games at all when you can watch someone else play them on Youtube and save you the hassle of playing them yourself ;-)"

Made me f*cking lolol.

Also, The SNES mini is fine.  Buy the stupid thing if you really feel the need to buy a thing you know in your head you really don't actually need because it's a redundant piece of shit.

Just stop posting about it.   If you're only buying it so you can feel like part of the club and post online that you got one, you're a dumbass and should have your internet privileges revoked for being a dumbass.

I am tired of seeing pictures of people's outstretched, hairyman arms holding their SNES mini box with the caption I GOT ONE.     Congrats.   You bought a toy.   Aces.

We know what a box looks like.  It's the same as the one on Amazon, except your goony arm is in the way, and it's a little out of focus unless you were pretentious enough to set it up with lighting, and one of those Olan Mills backdrops.

You know what else we know?

We know what the f*cks in one and what opening a box looks like.   Stop making unboxing videos.  Stop posting that you got a thing.   Shut the f*ck up and play it.

Unless you got some rare gold plated one with with a StarFox 3 prototype on it, you're just like the other 90239023023 assclowns that got one and won't shut the hell up.

Someone dumped StarFox 2.    That's the only SNES mini posting we actually need.   One person who got the thing did what God intended. 
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Digi.k

« Reply #259 on: September 30, 2017, 07:23:14 AM »
meanwhile in Russia's Comic Con Christopher Lloyd plays some SNES classic

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #260 on: September 30, 2017, 07:24:31 AM »
that room looks like Quake.   who decorated it.   burn it

Gredler

« Reply #261 on: October 01, 2017, 07:39:39 AM »
I got one and played through star fox, I forgot that game was fun I don't remember the last time I played it. I got through the first level and posted a 95+ score and thought wtf why not might as well keep playing, then andross took my shots to his face, and I finished. Fantastic. Not worth 80$ yet, but having a legal way to play snes at my office desk on my HDTV without upscalers and a bunch of carts and stuff. Will be nice to work though some of these games on lunch breaks

NE146

« Reply #262 on: October 01, 2017, 04:47:34 PM »
"Why buy games at all when you can watch someone else play them on Youtube and save you the hassle of playing them yourself ;-)"

I am totally guilty of that in real life..  like, I've beaten Legendary Axe 2 many many times in the past. However it's been decades at this point so I don't really remember most of it. When I got a hankering to see it again I COULD HAVE played it again on my Turbo.. but as I'm just sitting at the computer by default I just start up a youtube longplay video for it, and it kind of satisfies that itch without me having to relearn the game again. lol   

Yeah it's kinda sad. :lol:

« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 04:51:09 PM by NE146 »

Lost Monkey

« Reply #263 on: October 03, 2017, 08:26:40 AM »

How a cunt builds a pyramid.

crazydean

« Reply #264 on: October 03, 2017, 08:51:14 AM »
There's like a hundred of these things on CL right now. I hope Nintendo makes enough to flood the market and ruin these scalpers. I guess we'll see.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

xelement5x

« Reply #265 on: October 03, 2017, 09:10:02 AM »
There's like a hundred of these things on CL right now. I hope Nintendo makes enough to flood the market and ruin these scalpers. I guess we'll see.

We'll see in 90 days, I think that's normally the limit to return something to a store right?
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #266 on: October 03, 2017, 09:16:29 AM »
Its tempting to go buy one off CL

and by buy, I mean get their address and shit on their house.

and slash their tires.

johnnykonami

« Reply #267 on: October 03, 2017, 09:22:17 AM »
So smug, these scalper pictures.  Really makes you want to see them lose their shirts.  In the meantime, I am trying to play through Super Punch Out!   I have beaten many of the games on it in my childhood - Super Metroid, Zelda III, Castlevania IV, FFIII, Starfox, and I forget which others but I am focusing on titles that I was interested in and didn't really play back then, like SPO and afterwards Super Ghouls n' Ghosts.  I have also only played the beginning of Secret of Mana, that might be next on the to play list.

crazydean

« Reply #268 on: October 03, 2017, 09:54:42 AM »
So smug, these scalper pictures.  Really makes you want to see them lose their shirts.  In the meantime, I am trying to play through Super Punch Out!   I have beaten many of the games on it in my childhood - Super Metroid, Zelda III, Castlevania IV, FFIII, Starfox, and I forget which others but I am focusing on titles that I was interested in and didn't really play back then, like SPO and afterwards Super Ghouls n' Ghosts.  I have also only played the beginning of Secret of Mana, that might be next on the to play list.

Are you playing SPO on the SNES classic? If so, have you noticed any problems with the timing?
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

turboswimbz

« Reply #269 on: October 03, 2017, 10:06:32 AM »

Are you playing SPO on the SNES classic? If so, have you noticed any problems with the timing?

Here is the thing, and why I need to amend my earlier comments about the SNES classic.  I actually can recommend grabbing it.  it is better than retro pi IMO. with the corded controllers at least on my 1080 TV there is almost no timing or lag.  Even in punch out.  Granted I am not great at SPO.  It's actually quite damn impressive.  I plan to add some games and see if this continues throughout.

I think I've noticed at best only a few moments on Mario Kart and F zero where the timing was off maybe just enough to make me think, was that me or the box? But I can never tell one way or the other. 

Idk maybe Johnny has a different experience but this thing is pretty damn sweet for a plug and play into modern TVs. The picture may not be absolutely perfect but it's still good.

P.S. I am a waffler in the wind
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.