Author Topic: Space Berzerker question  (Read 487 times)

schweaty

Space Berzerker question
« on: January 18, 2017, 09:20:51 AM »
other than the green and black OBIs, the 2 Mega LDs in in the picture are identical in every way.  does anyone know what the difference is (other than maybe they ran out of green or black OBIs)?  my initial guess is one is the japanese release and the other is the US, but i have nothing to back that up.

schweaty

Re: Space Berzerker question
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 10:58:13 AM »
I, for one, welcome our new bootleg laserdisc overlords.

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 03:01:19 PM »
Might be a sample, I have seen that with Rocket Coaster...

TheClash603

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 04:00:43 PM »
Looks like there may have been two prints.  I had copies of sample Triad Stone and Rocket Coaster in my hands in the past and I don't recall obis of different colors, though I may not have noticed...

If one game was Japanese it should be easy to tell, as the text on the back of the sleeve or in the instructions would be in Japanese.

Looks like pictures online are of both green and black, so you just have the complete Space Berserker U.S. LA set with variants.

BlueBMW

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 04:36:06 PM »
Check the discs themselves for the numbers.  That's a quick way to tell US from Japan.  US games start with like PEASU while Japan games are PEASJ or something like that.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

schweaty

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 06:58:51 AM »
Check the discs themselves for the numbers.  That's a quick way to tell US from Japan.  US games start with like PEASU while Japan games are PEASJ or something like that.

so they are both PEASU1003.  but the plot thickens a bit.  i dont know how i missed this before, but they both have difference prints in the center of the discs.  i'm starting to believe in the different print runs theory.  my only issue with that is that the print numbers on these were so small, i don't understand what would justify multiple print runs

xelement5x

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 07:48:12 AM »
Looks like there may have been two prints.  I had copies of sample Triad Stone and Rocket Coaster in my hands in the past and I don't recall obis of different colors, though I may not have noticed...

If one game was Japanese it should be easy to tell, as the text on the back of the sleeve or in the instructions would be in Japanese.

Looks like pictures online are of both green and black, so you just have the complete Space Berserker U.S. LA set with variants.

Lol, Clash you mentioned something about Space Berserker variants in the LA thread like years ago.  You even showed pictures of the different inner prints! 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 07:55:12 AM »
Lol, Clash you mentioned something about Space Berserker variants in the LA thread like years ago.  You even showed pictures of the different inner prints! 

Link Sausage
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

xelement5x

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 08:39:04 AM »

Link Sausage

Necro delivers! 

Clash if your memory is going does this mean you forgot about how you said you'd give me your copy of 3D Aus as well? :P
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Bloufo

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2017, 08:53:32 AM »
The mind is a mysterious thing. :P

esteban

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 09:04:14 AM »

Hahhahajajajaja.
  |    | 

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2017, 11:16:13 AM »

Yes, Kick, Punch, it's all in the mind.
--DragonmasterDan

TheClash603

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2017, 12:18:43 PM »

Link Sausage

Necro delivers! 

Clash if your memory is going does this mean you forgot about how you said you'd give me your copy of 3D Aus as well? :P

If you say that I said it, then I must've...

Biggest issue is TheClash603 is not a man, but a movement, you never know which one of us is posting.