Author Topic: RetroBlox : Another new Play-Everything "Retro" Console  (Read 9555 times)

DarkKobold

Re: RetroBlox : Another new Play-Everything "Retro" Console
« Reply #255 on: April 26, 2018, 02:13:02 PM »
Speaking as the head of the project, the time for polite lip service and apologizing for other peoples failed projects passed long ago.

No, no it hasn't. As a business man, your #1 goal should be to put your personal opinions aside, and do what is best for your team and company. Every company, even the 128 year old Nintendo, worries about PR. You've not even got a product to market, getting arrogant and alienating your potential user base just hurts sales.

You aren't just a forum member now, you are freaking representative of a product you are hoping to sell to the very users of this forum. Act like it.
Hey, you.

dangdang

« Reply #256 on: April 26, 2018, 03:00:09 PM »
Speaking as the head of the project, the time for polite lip service and apologizing for other peoples failed projects passed long ago.

No, no it hasn't. As a business man, your #1 goal should be to put your personal opinions aside, and do what is best for your team and company. Every company, even the 128 year old Nintendo, worries about PR. You've not even got a product to market, getting arrogant and alienating your potential user base just hurts sales.

You aren't just a forum member now, you are freaking representative of a product you are hoping to sell to the very users of this forum. Act like it.

To anyone following this project, the Coleco Chameleon, Retron 5, RetroFreak et all very clearly poisoned the well for classic game console projects and people who play them. They screwed a lot of things up and a lot of people over. But, that doesn't mean that every project is as they were. For people who got burned in some form, we've been working tirelessly to not fall prey to the same issues.

The video that was posted in the group earlier was posted on our website to show that we do have a hardware team and that we are still actively developing the project, despite some speculation that it had stalled. More demonstrations indicative of this should be expected very soon. We are serious about making something that is not only "not a failure" but something that is actually great and will bring everyone a significant amount of enjoyment for years to come.

We're not asking you to take our word for it at this point, instead we want to show the hard work we've put in by showing this product very soon with high quality demonstrations. We also promise we won't ask you for a dime until the console is ready, fully vetted, and for sale. Anyone who is interested in following us or keeping up to date on information can visit www.polymega.com for more information. You can also follow us on Twitter (@polymegahq) and Facebook (@playPOLYMEGA).

Thank you, from Team POLYMEGA
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 03:02:56 PM by dangdang »

mickcris

« Reply #257 on: April 26, 2018, 03:03:15 PM »
Quote from: dangdang
As a forum member, my opinion of how a forum moderator should act isn't going to change.

Speaking as the head of the project, the time for polite lip service and apologizing for other peoples failed projects passed long ago. We're far beyond that. Instead, I'd rather just extend beta invitations to people who are interested in testing the new PCE/TG16 emulator and Polymega's user interface. So, if you're actively following this thread right now and are interested, the first 5 people to PM me will get an invite. :mrgreen:

So this can just run on a computer.  no need for the hardware?

dangdang

« Reply #258 on: April 26, 2018, 03:13:18 PM »
Quote from: dangdang
As a forum member, my opinion of how a forum moderator should act isn't going to change.

Speaking as the head of the project, the time for polite lip service and apologizing for other peoples failed projects passed long ago. We're far beyond that. Instead, I'd rather just extend beta invitations to people who are interested in testing the new PCE/TG16 emulator and Polymega's user interface. So, if you're actively following this thread right now and are interested, the first 5 people to PM me will get an invite. :mrgreen:

So this can just run on a computer.  no need for the hardware?

Yep, Polymega is a Linux computer and does not require the real hardware for basic emulation of installed games and running the user interface. One feature of Polymega, hybrid emulation, would require the use of the real hardware so that will not be tested here. That said, any Debian-Linux compatible computer that meets our minimum specifications will run the system software and "vanilla" aspect of the hybrid emulators for the purposes of installed game testing.

Purple1308

« Reply #259 on: April 29, 2018, 04:18:03 PM »
Can any one recommend them a thesaurus or give them one for this whole thing ?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk