Author Topic: HUVideo Why didn't this get used WAY more often?  (Read 1834 times)

shubibiman

Re: HUVideo Why didn't this get used WAY more often?
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2017, 10:25:54 PM »
Just to answer the original question : because 1995 ? ;)
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

esteban

HUVideo Why didn't this get used WAY more often?
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2017, 08:00:21 AM »
I know I am late:

http://archives.tg-16.com/Dengeki_PC_Engine_1995_06.htm

...but this was a stab at documenting a piece of the HuVIDEO story.

I would be grateful if folks would correct any technical errors they find...

:)

« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 08:04:15 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

SignOfZeta

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2017, 08:39:26 AM »
The Yuna HuVIDEO clip does not contain "all of the cinema scenes from the first PCE game". Since the first game didn't use HuVIDEO that's impossible by definition. Also, its a two minute clip and Yuna 1 has what must be hours of cinemas.

What it contains is a short promo clip that looks like an anime intro with a lot of posing and shooting, then it auto cues at the first frame of a slide show of images from books, magazines, etc. Nothing on this disc was ever in any game that I'm aware of.

I didn't know about the Yuna 2 disc on this list and he doesn't mention it otherwise. Does anyone know where this came from? This is the first I've heard of it.

esteban

HUVideo Why didn't this get used WAY more often?
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2017, 09:00:25 AM »
The Yuna HuVIDEO clip does not contain "all of the cinema scenes from the first PCE game". Since the first game didn't use HuVIDEO that's impossible by definition. Also, its a two minute clip and Yuna 1 has what must be hours of cinemas.

What it contains is a short promo clip that looks like an anime intro with a lot of posing and shooting, then it auto cues at the first frame of a slide show of images from books, magazines, etc. Nothing on this disc was ever in any game that I'm aware of.

I didn't know about the Yuna 2 disc on this list and he doesn't mention it otherwise. Does anyone know where this came from? This is the first I've heard of it.

Aha!

Thanks for clarifying about the contents of that Yuna disc.

The Yuna 2 disc is from the old thread (s) here at pcefx, IIRC.

I wrote these pages a few years ago, so it must be 2-4 years? (Or something like that).

...if that helps searching the forums. 

Personally, I want to find out more about that internal Hudson demo with the Dr. Mario clone!

Oh well...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 09:14:13 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

Michirin9801

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2017, 02:46:12 PM »

The promos and commercials for the first Yuna game used the same animation cuts that ended up in the Yuna HuVIDEO disc, here I found a couple of examples:

There used to be another CM on YouTube that also used these animation cuts but I can't seem to find it anymore... Oh well...

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2017, 02:05:21 AM »
Nothing on this disc was ever in any game that I'm aware of.

Some (all?) of the art stills were reused for the intermission screens in Yuna 2.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

xelement5x

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2017, 10:02:11 AM »
So discussion came up elsewhere about the Bad Apple video

Which has been covered or converted in some way to run on a lot of different hardware:
Mega Drive/Genesis

SNES

And it goes on and on in YouTube, but there is no PC-Engine or Turbo version. 

Anyway, any chance someone with superior coding chops (maybe Bonknuts or someone else who understands how) could convert it to HuVideo?  A ground up version like the one Steph did for the MegaDrive would be cool, but I get the feeling that a HuVideo version would at least be a neat novelty as well.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Dicer

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2017, 11:40:21 AM »

Which has been covered or converted in some way to run on a lot of different hardware:
Mega Drive/Genesis

SNES

Anyway, any chance someone with superior coding chops (maybe Bonknuts or someone else who understands how) could convert it to HuVideo?  A ground up version like the one Steph did for the MegaDrive would be cool, but I get the feeling that a HuVideo version would at least be a neat novelty as well.

Looking around we might be the only damn system left without a copy of bad apple...

Atari 2600 check
Ti calculator check
Vectrex Check
Apple II, check
IMB AT/XT check
Master system check
Nes check
Sansa clip f*cking mp3 player check

Black Tiger

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2017, 12:27:07 PM »

Mega Drive/Genesis

SNES

There's a thread about it here:

http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=13622.msg270656#msg270656

http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

ccovell

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2017, 01:26:00 PM »
Looking around we might be the only damn system left without a copy of bad apple...

Atari 2600 check
Ti calculator check
Vectrex Check
Apple II, check
IMB AT/XT check
Master system check
Nes check

"Me too! Me too!" impressing absolutely no-one if we did it on PCE.  (Sherlock Holmes did video & audio streaming, in hi-res, in 1991.)

That ship has sailed.

Dicer

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2017, 03:32:28 PM »

Atari 2600 check
Ti calculator check
Vectrex Check
Apple II, check
IMB AT/XT check
Master system check
Nes check

"Me too! Me too!" impressing absolutely no-one if we did it on PCE.  (Sherlock Holmes did video & audio streaming, in hi-res, in 1991.)

That ship has sailed.

I'd be impressed, and that's enough...

Michirin9801

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2017, 03:54:44 PM »
This is a very personal opinion, but ugh, I REALLY don't like this Bad Apple remix, it doesn't even begin to compare with the original song on the PC-98, and that's because the original song is one of my least favourite ones on the PC-98 games...

DarkKobold

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2017, 04:47:28 PM »

Atari 2600 check
Ti calculator check
Vectrex Check
Apple II, check
IMB AT/XT check
Master system check
Nes check

That ship has sailed.

That is why it'd have to be done on a HuCard, like the Genesis ROM, rather than a SegaCD. It seems like the point of these remixes is to see what can be done with the limitations, and a CD with redbook audio isn't very limiting.
Hey, you.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2017, 05:23:34 PM »
a CD with redbook audio isn't very limiting.

It is when you voluntarily pick a goofy subset of devices to produce the music !

[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

sunteam_paul

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2017, 07:20:13 AM »
a CD with redbook audio isn't very limiting.

It is when you voluntarily pick a goofy subset of devices to produce the music !

Spoons and a bucket.
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!