Author Topic: The Legend of Xanadu Dub Project - Auditions Wanted  (Read 9806 times)

Dicer

Re: The Legend of Xanadu Dub Project - Auditions Wanted
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2017, 02:37:27 AM »
Oh wow, I was gonna ask why Voice Acting Alliance wasn't used since that's what helped for the Ys IV dub. Seems the site got flagged as unsafe, and then they went down totally.

I have a NeoGAF account, I tried the Create Thread option, but it seems I don't have enough posts. I only had about 9 since registering. Yeah, they're pretty strict, forced me to find my ISP's assigned email address and register with that.

BTW, is this esteban's web work to set up dub recruitment ?

http://tg-16.com/Our_Portfolio.htm

Amazing, great that you managed to get him involved in a project somehow!

Especially this:

http://tg-16.com/How_To_Record.htm

WOW, a lot of tedious work went in to put a good guide like that together!

There is a PCE topic in the community section of  NEOGAF, it might be a bit buried but it's there.

here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=543411&page=86

drop info in there, and maybe someone like piggychan will make a topic in the main forum.

LentFilms

« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2017, 04:33:51 AM »
There actually already is a thread on NeoGaf about the dub that was created a day after the site launched: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1359015

Most people in the thread seem excited about the project.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 04:35:23 AM by LentFilms »

NightWolve

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2017, 06:28:49 AM »
Ah, so there is one. I searched for Xanadu and dub, but couldn't find it - didn't wanna embarrass myself with a repeat thread. Xanadu Next results interfered, gave me pages to sift through and then I found I can't make a thread anyway due to low post count I guess.

Gotta hand it to esteban, that's great looking web work and somebody finally recruited him to help for fan translation projects! I think he could make a great script editor too!

esteban

« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2017, 10:04:59 AM »
^ You are too gracious, Comrade NightWolve :)

Sam chose all the images/wrote all the text, so he did 99.99% of the work.

:)
  |    | 

NightWolve

« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2017, 11:01:05 AM »
Ah. Stand corrected.

esteban

« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2017, 11:36:13 AM »
Ah. Stand corrected.

I only wrote the the page you linked to (Our Portfolio)...and of course I recycled stuff.

:)
  |    | 

NightWolve

« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2017, 12:16:31 PM »
Somebody on Kotaku asked what kind of performances the team was looking for.

Excellent! What kind of bad-good voice Turbografx acting are they looking for? Final Zone II levels of quality dubbing? “Oh OHHHHH!!” “You are... an able soldier.... someone might hate you.... just for being so good....” “I don’t like the sound of these... bio monsters...”

Answer: They're looking for Last Alert [TG-16 CD] type performances! Everything properly captured and honored that you see here: :)

Sadly, I never caught anything as good or funny by gameological as that...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 12:32:30 PM by NightWolve »

Punch

« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2017, 12:51:12 PM »
I do a pretty good Dr. Garcia imitation, let me know if you want to add cheese to the fandub lol.

NightWolve

« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2017, 02:05:52 PM »
Hm, this guy from the NeoGAF thread just shared these and some seem pretty good. Looks like he's experienced.

https://soundcloud.com/user-678162878/sets/legend-of-xanadu-voice-demos
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 03:07:28 PM by NightWolve »

SamIAm

« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2017, 02:45:33 PM »
That guy has not emailed us for some reason even . Nightwolve, would you mind telling him that one of the directors has heard his stuff and thinks its good but doesn't know how to reach him, so please write to him at xanadudub@gmail.com?

And if we get a tidal wave of crappy auditions because of your post, I'm going to be very upset.  :evil:  :wink:  :D

NightWolve

« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2017, 02:59:04 PM »
I think people get it's sarcasm on the Last Alert style. ;)

Sure, I can PM that guy now.

elmer

« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2017, 03:22:09 PM »
And if we get a tidal wave of crappy auditions because of your post, I'm going to be very upset.  :evil:  :wink:  :D

I think people get it's sarcasm on the Last Alert style. ;)

Yeah ... I get that that was what you meant ... but that's because I know you, and know that you know us, and the work that we've put into the project.

But when you post like that on NeoGaf, where folks don't know us, don't know the project, don't know your sense of humor, and just see that you're an "authority" on what's going on ... then nope, IMHO it just comes across as though we're wanting to do a parody dub to mock Falcom's lousy writing.

We're not, we're trying to do an as-close-to-professional dub as we can, and that means attracting the sort-of-folks that might look at your post and turn-away because they weren't interested in being involved in that sort of mocking of other-professional's work, particularly when the original company is still in business.

<edit>

Apart from that, thanks for posting there, we really appreciate you helping out and keeping the thread there alive!  :wink:

P.S. Perhaps I'm being overly serious and just worrying pointlessly, but humor is such a very personal thing, and parodies are actually legit forms of dubs ... for gawd's sake, Falcom did their own drama/parody CD with the LoX characters and cast.

But that was a separate thing from the game itself, which is a serious story, but with it's own deliberately-humorous moments.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 03:43:35 PM by elmer »

NightWolve

« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2017, 03:44:39 PM »
I edited in a clarifying "as-close-to-professional dub" disclaimer and an "/end sarcasm," etc. for you, ya sour puss. ;)

SamIAm

« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2017, 04:22:53 PM »
Truly, one of the reasons why elmer and I have such a great working relationship is that we are equal parts sourpuss. Also, equal parts worry-wart.

elmer

« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2017, 06:10:56 AM »
I edited in a clarifying "as-close-to-professional dub" disclaimer and an "/end sarcasm," etc. for you, ya sour puss. ;)

Thanks!  :D

Yeah, OK, I know, I know ... I'm a sour-puss and a worry-wart!  :oops: