Author Topic: The Legend of Xanadu Dub Project - Auditions Wanted  (Read 9651 times)

SamIAm

The Legend of Xanadu Dub Project - Auditions Wanted
« on: April 07, 2017, 03:45:56 AM »

At last, the time has come. As of today, we are officially taking auditions for the Legend of Xanadu dub, as a part of the larger Legend of Xanadu fan-translation project.

If you’ve been following the main project thread, you probably don’t need much of an introduction and can head right to the character-list page. You'll find everything you need to know to audition there. For some background on the games, we put together a quick little blurb that you might enjoy reading here.

If you are interested in playing a part, fire away. As far as we’re concerned, the more auditions, the merrier, so please don’t hesitate to try out for anything you think you might be able to handle.

The initial casting period will end May 19th.

Even if you’re absolutely certain that you can’t play a part yourself, you can still do us an enormous favor by passing on the word to anyone in your community who seems like they could. There are literally dozens of roles to fill, and we’re going to have to cast our net as widely as possible in order to get good actors in all of them.

We even made this dorky little intro aimed at non-gamers to help you rope in your friends and family who otherwise would just be confused about what the heck this project is.

The fate of the translation is now in YOUR hands. Let's make this something incredible!

In the meantime, here are some pretty screenshots. and youtube videos of all of the voiced bits in Xanadu 1 and Xanadu 2. :mrgreen:

elmer

Re: The Legend of Xanadu Dub Project - Auditions Wanted
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 03:54:35 AM »
Woohoo, we're live! :dance:

jtucci31

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 05:06:28 AM »
Oh my god this is amazing!! I have a friend that does recording shit so I think I may try out for a part or two, that would be amazing. I'm so excited for this shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 05:15:11 AM »
CAW for Lykos!  :mrgreen:

I've no acting skills or recording equipment worth a poop, but I'm excited y'all are getting so close to a completion (happy ending?).  Good luck to everyone with their auditions!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Michirin9801

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 05:23:05 AM »
CAW for Lykos!  :mrgreen:

I've no acting skills or recording equipment worth a poop, but I'm excited y'all are getting so close to a completion (happy ending?).  Good luck to everyone with their auditions!
Same here >w>
But yeah, I too am very excited about this project! Can't wait to play Xanadu in English~♥♥
Good luck ^^

xelement5x

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 05:52:43 AM »
Wow, the amount of time and effort you put into the audition listing alone is impressive!  I kind of want to try out myself but I'm a bit overwhelmed by the sheer number of random characters!
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

pixeljunkie

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 06:03:44 AM »
this is exciting! Gotta' get my pipes ready for this.

Dicer

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 07:02:18 AM »
Line reading now...

elmer

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 07:02:47 AM »
Wow, the amount of time and effort you put into the audition listing alone is impressive!  I kind of want to try out myself but I'm a bit overwhelmed by the sheer number of random characters!

Be careful folks ... if you haven't played the games yet, and you're not seriously thinking about auditioning, then you might want to skip reading the the Character List page, because there are some much-needed plot-spoilers in there to explain who the characters are.  :shock:

The other pages are worth reading even if you're not going to audition ... Esteban and SamIAm did a wonderful job on the website!  :clap:

xelement5x

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2017, 07:56:53 AM »

Be careful folks ... if you haven't played the games yet, and you're not seriously thinking about auditioning, then you might want to skip reading the the Character List page, because there are some much-needed plot-spoilers in there to explain who the characters are.  :shock:

The other pages are worth reading even if you're not going to audition ... Esteban and SamIAm did a wonderful job on the website!  :clap:

I meant the details with like, age, pitch, speaking style and the like.  Lots of good info.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

crazydean

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2017, 08:02:12 AM »
I would love to try out but i haven't been accepted to the Game Sack School of Voice Acting yet.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

Arjak

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2017, 08:18:36 AM »
Audition sent! :dance:
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

elmer

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2017, 08:42:43 AM »
Audition sent! :dance:

Thanks, you're officially the first one to send anything in!  :D

Gredler

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2017, 09:51:04 AM »
http://kotaku.com/1794124718

Big league publicity!! First time I've read something related to our community on main stream news, congratulations!!!

This should raise the quantity and quality of submissions, eh?

Great job you guys

elmer