Tech and Homebrew > PC Game Development

Battle Princess Madelyn [PC/PS4/XBOX/] by Causal Bit Games (Chris/LoboDaMainMan)

(1/3) > >>

NightWolve:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/causalbitgames/battle-princess-madelyn

Wanted to plug Chris' 2nd game since Insanity's Blade which you might remember here. It also ran a Kickstarter which...WOW, I'm amazed to report closed out at $212,665 CAD/$159,663 USD this past Friday, smashing all stretch goals... Hard to believe, and it's still a 2-man team primarily, Chris and Daven (Chris mostly on art/design, Daven on coding)!

Durrr, I wanted to plug this earlier when the KS was active, but didn't get a chance... :( Also didn't get to contribute either, my PayPal account is locked because they're trying to force me to delete TurboRip from my website... Feel a little bummed I didn't resolve that, but it certainly didn't need my help!!! Pretty historic how he rose from RIGG, our old PCE group, and made it to the big leagues!! Anyway, I'll buy the PC version when it comes out at least.

About the game, it's obviously making good use of Capcom's Ghouls'n'Ghosts IP as you can tell right away, and why not, if Capcom isn't doing much with it anymore, right ? ;) Chris has kind of a cheesy story to go along about how this came to be: his daughter liked to watch him play Ghouls'n'Ghosts on the good ole NEC SuperGrafx a lot (How about that?), and one day she said she wanted to be in the game, which led to him offering to make her a character in one! :) It's named after her naturally, future dad of the year award recipient right here, am I right ?

Well, I guess that's good enough of a primer, I'll leave the videos and screenshots to do the rest of the talking and they DO a lot of talking. The promotional buzz around this was pretty noticeable and explains the great success he had this time around compared to Insanity's Blade KS when he was just entering the indie videogame scene!

FYI: There's a free demo on Steam. Steam system needs to be installed to play it, though.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/603930

As you can plainly see, they've gotten A LOT better compared to their first game, haven't they ???

NightWolve:
Addendum: Chris is gonna be needing experienced coders for some of the ports of the game. I offered up a few known names of our talent pool here, but FYI to anybody else. The team obviously has serious scratch to spend given the massive success of the Kickstarter to get it done right, so experienced talent is needed to be able to commit to such a project and deliver competent results...

--- Quote from: Christopher Obritsch ---I'm looking for someone who if I tossed money at them could port the game in a timely fashion

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: NightWolve ---What platform do you need a port for ?

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Christopher Obritsch ---genesis/sega cd preferably
pce cd
snes
neogeo
dreamcast is fine

--- End quote ---

So coders needed for the above retro platforms.

nectarsis:
Backed this a bit ago...looks damn fun

Necromancer:
Looks pretty good, cute too..... but a Turbob port?!?  I'd love that.

NightWolve:
I don't think they ever imagined this kind of massive success with the Kickstarter, but now that it happened, I'm a little worried Capcom might take more notice... With the kind of dough it made, odds are a lot higher versus some random fan/mod work slapped together...

But anyway, those graphics look f*cking fantastic, I dunno how they got THAT good, they look like Capcom artists and coders! Super Ghouls'n'Ghosts times 10!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version