Author Topic: great price on a laseractive on ebay  (Read 1048 times)

schweaty

great price on a laseractive on ebay
« on: July 25, 2017, 02:55:15 AM »
$300 free shipping with a sega PAC is about $100 off what these normally go for.  cheers queers!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/pioneer-cld-a100-sega-genesis-segacd-laserdisc-combo/122611786519

jtucci31

Re: great price on a laseractive on ebay
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 05:11:56 AM »
Pretty good price, debated all morning! I had to pass since he doesn't say whether or not it's recapped or even works properly. Hope someone here gets it, though.

Thanks for posting this regardless and making me contemplate dropping $300 on a glorified Laserdisc player :)

exodus

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 06:40:06 AM »
that iiiiis tempting!!

schweaty

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 08:34:43 AM »
Pretty good price, debated all morning! I had to pass since he doesn't say whether or not it's recapped or even works properly. Hope someone here gets it, though.

Thanks for posting this regardless and making me contemplate dropping $300 on a glorified Laserdisc player :)
I guarantee the PAC is not recapped

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

xelement5x

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 08:39:32 AM »
Looks like it has been scooped!
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

bartre

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 10:21:34 AM »

Be glad you didn't.
there's like 5 games worth playing on the LA between sega and turbob pac units.

it's a crappy LD player.
any other sega CD hardware is better.
any other PCE-CD hardware is better.

plus, mods are weird and cumbersome and not as effective as they are on other systems.

seriously, just get a good LD player and the respective CD hardware for the systems

turboswimbz

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 11:28:53 AM »

Be glad you didn't.

it's a crappy LD player.

plus, mods are weird and cumbersome and not as effective as they are on other systems.

seriously, just get a good LD player and the respective CD hardware for the systems

DON't you say such hurtful things about the LA. The thing is a conversation piece and totally worth it's weight as a paper weight.  Nah I actually like it quite a bit. 
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

Gypsy

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 12:29:30 PM »

Be glad you didn't.

it's a crappy LD player.

Tell us how you really feel Bartre.

bartre

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2017, 12:56:57 PM »
Tell us how you really feel Bartre.
I'm damp with sweat and I have to poop.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2017, 01:56:17 PM »
It's true. The LA makes the Supergrafx look amazing and amazingly affordable. If the LA had the sort of games you'd bloody well expect from a goddamned dedicated Laserdisc game playing matchine I wouldn't be saying this.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2017, 01:59:04 PM »

Be glad you didn't.

it's a crappy LD player.

RGB modding the LA was simple and the picture quality is absolutely fantastic. It's an awesome system. I watch LDs on mine all the time and they look good enough to me. Most LD players that have better quality are also expensive.
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

crazydean

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2017, 02:02:28 PM »
The LA is the sexiest of all consoles. I wouldn't mind having one just to look at. Mmmm...
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2017, 03:11:43 PM »
If you own a bunch of LD players there's nothing impressive about the LA in looks or performance. High end for a console maybe but pretty low-mid for a Pioneer LD player. There's no Urushi finish, no wood, no backlit remote with jog dial, no digital out, no honeycomb chassis or multiple power supplies. The base for this player is a $400 LD deck, as cheap as they got back then, with the PAC stuff added on top. It would have been impossible to build any other way, but I'm afraid it's..."junky". :(

As for consoles...it could be worse, but the Wondermega is still far more impressive, as is the Qube...or even the lowly PCE+IFU "briefcase" IMO. The "design" of the LA is essentially what you can see front on, since the top back and sides are all blank panels like anything else. The faceplate, basically. And there are far more impressive looking pieces of AV gear based solely on that criteria, much more well made and less expensive too.

schweaty

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2017, 02:49:22 AM »
well this thread took a left turn at albuquerque.

i am going to preface this post with a couple of things:  1.  is the LaserActive "worth" the money?  For most people the answer is 'No'.  I believe the primary reason most of the shade thrown at the LA is mostly because its expensive and, for the skeptics, the cost heavily outweighs the things it does well.  2.  because of reason #1, the LA isn't for everyone.  its expensive, its big, it doesnt really look like a game console, etc...

all that being said, there are some misconceptions about the LA.  just because its expensive doesnt mean it does *everything worse than other consoles.  as one of the few folks who have modified the console, the rgb and component video mods are pretty easy and straight forward.  i would not try to region mod the PAC-N1 or N10, however.  the picture quality of the modded LA is the best ive ever seen next to the PAL TG-16 (which almost no one has NTSC and RGB/Component modded so it almost doesnt even count).  No jailbars whatsoever.

The stereo output is amped which is nice and the PCE/TG-16 dont have.  For my setup, i have no use for digital audio anyway.  Other than leaky caps, the PCBs in the PACs are the highest quality I have ever seen for a game console including Nintendo PCBs.  They are built like high end stereo equipment.  Once the caps are replaced, the PACs will pretty much last forever.  The LA in general is just reliable.  Mine plays everything the first time, without fail.

As far as day-to-day use goes, mine doesnt just sit on the shelf.  I use it probably more than any other console.  Just last night, I played some dragons curse then popped in a laserdisc and watched it.  It opened up the world of laserdiscs for me which probably wouldnt have happened otherwise.

BL - like i said, its not for everyone, but the folks that have them seem to like them.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 03:19:05 AM by schweaty »

GohanX

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2017, 03:24:04 AM »
I almost pulled the trigger when I saw this yesterday. Maybe next time.