Author Topic: If Switch gets some Obey?  (Read 1684 times)

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
If Switch gets some Obey?
« on: March 01, 2019, 12:05:27 PM »
 :icon_cat_stoned:

Do you expect the Switch shoppe to get some Turbo/PCE games?  If so, would you pick up a couple of your favorites to show support?  I wouldn't mind a couple heavy hitters like Ys I&II or Lords of Thunder on this sexy handheld.

:cook:

KingDrool

Re: If Switch gets some Obey?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 01:37:27 PM »
I do not.

Virtual Console is not a thing, so that means a lot of the stuff would be up to Konami, right? Since they own Hudson properties? And, as we know, Konami hardly admits their own games exist, let alone Hudson's.

I'd love it if it happened, but I'd be shocked. And I'd buy whatever they put out there, just to show support.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 04:12:34 PM »
Vita and PS3 had a bunch of PCE games too, but none for PS4.  It must not have sold enough to be considered worth it.   :|

I'll stick to my Duo, dammit!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Punch

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 05:33:40 PM »
Only a matter of time before the likes of Frank Cifaldi to get the green light from Konami to do an incredibly well done and researched "museum" style compilation of PC Engine games for the Switch/PS4 like they did with Megaman and the SNK 40th Anniversary Collection. If you are someone who got butthurt that prices rose after the Wii Virtual Console then you better buy as many PCE games as you possibly can before the inevitable happens and all prices shoot up again (more than they already are lol).

Anyway... yes, yes it will. Either by high value collections or Hamster-style overpriced bare bones emulation. Eventually.

lukester 3.0

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2019, 11:50:18 PM »
Would pick up Bonk...or liquid kids if they bothered

:bonkthis:
The Skinheads have Taken Madonna

T2KFreeker

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2019, 09:36:37 PM »
Well, I did get some games for the Wii and also the Wii U, so I wouldn't be opposed to getting them on the Switch as well. Although, I'd Love to see some more localization on some of the Japan only games. That would be damn cool in some instances. Probably wouldn't be worth the money spent to do it though.
END OF LINE.

Gredler

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 03:59:57 PM »
I could see the switch getting a turbo delivery pipeline and a bunch of games coming out on it because they have had precedent and relationships for that from their last two platforms, and I would definitely buy a few.

geise

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2019, 09:59:41 AM »
Vita and PS3 had a bunch of PCE games too, but none for PS4.  It must not have sold enough to be considered worth it.   :|

I'll stick to my Duo, dammit!

You poor poor man. Having to use a real US Duo to play legit games. I feel sorry for you.

deckard

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2019, 12:13:50 PM »
I feel like there are a lot of game collections coming out for the Switch so a Turbo/PCE one could happen.  Depends if Konami really wants to monetize that stuff or just let it languish.  I bet a Bonk/Zonk pack would do well in Japan.