Author Topic: More Turbo Games out on WiiU VC Today  (Read 2339 times)

Winniez

Re: More Turbo Games out on WiiU VC Today
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2018, 08:08:54 AM »
They just keep releasing these although WiiU is all but buried. Shame they don't do these for 3DS, would be a better fit and it might be fun to buy few shooters and practice them on a go.
Also choice of games is sometimes fairly dubious.

wiseau

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2018, 07:15:33 AM »
They just keep releasing these although WiiU is all but buried. Shame they don't do these for 3DS, would be a better fit and it might be fun to buy few shooters and practice them on a go.
Also choice of games is sometimes fairly dubious.
They actually did a few for 3ds, in japan anyways. Strange that they never released them in america though, because they're pretty much all but ready for US release, even the little home icon with the console next to an oldschool TV changes to a TG-16 if it runs on a US 3DS.

Alt-Nintega2

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2018, 12:14:53 PM »
what are the advantages of playing these games on WiiU over let's say, original Turbografx-16 console?
Last time I checked original Turbo even on ebay costs less than a Wii.
Karl Marx

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2018, 01:10:24 AM »
Are you sure it's not trolling?  At the very least, it's a stupid question.

Nobody is saying that playing them on Wii U is better or the preferred option, though there are some positives: it's generally cheaper to buy the roms than to buy their physical counterparts, you can play on the semi-portable tablet thingy (bonk while pooping!), and they'll look good on a big lcd without needing an rgb mod, expensive upscalers, etc.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

KingDrool

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2018, 01:52:58 AM »
Well,  how about this?

Necromancer

Enjoy a world of mysteries.

Necromancer is a horror RPG released for the TurboGrafx-16 in 1988. You are a hero who heads out on an adventure with two other allies in order to search for the Evil Holy Sword "Necromancer" to defeat an evil force that is about to take over the Kingdom of Ishmaelia. Defeat enemies to level up and travel the land to gather information about the Evil Holy Sword "Necromancer."

You will be able to choose your two allies among five possible candidates at the castle which is the starting point of the game. Each ally possesses different abilities so choose them wisely and make sure that you progress the game with each character's specialty in mind.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2018, 02:08:44 AM »
Odd one to bring out here unless it's been translated.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

KingDrool

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2018, 02:53:01 AM »
I thought the same thing. But apparently...

This is a Japanese Import title. Import games may contain foreign language (audio and/or text) or other references that are unknown to consumers. This RPG is Japanese only and requires proficiency in the Japanese language to play.

Why would Konami bring release this here without translating it? Odd decision, indeed...
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

esteban

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2018, 07:30:46 AM »
Is there an extensive FAQ/guide for Necromancer that I am unaware of?

Crazy town.

:)
  |    | 

T2KFreeker

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2019, 09:39:25 PM »
I thought the same thing. But apparently...

This is a Japanese Import title. Import games may contain foreign language (audio and/or text) or other references that are unknown to consumers. This RPG is Japanese only and requires proficiency in the Japanese language to play.
Why would Konami bring release this here without translating it? Odd decision, indeed...

You know, I'm really glad I came across this. I had assumed that they had translated the game. Glad I didn't buy it and discover it wasn't. Bummer. It would have been cool to play.
END OF LINE.