Author Topic: A 100$ f*cking SNES SF2 repro  (Read 2606 times)

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
Re: A 100$ f*cking SNES SF2 repro
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2017, 08:16:24 AM »
last of us was shit.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2017, 08:27:43 AM »
You asked 'which franchises have several titles or have big fan bases'.  Last of Us certainly meets the latter.

Go ahead and change your argument to "nothing else compares to Nintendo because nothing else has Mario, Kirby, Metroid, etc."  :roll:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2017, 08:41:50 AM »
You asked 'which franchises have several titles or have big fan bases'.  Last of Us certainly meets the latter.

Go ahead and change your argument to "nothing else compares to Nintendo because nothing else has Mario, Kirby, Metroid, etc."  :roll:

I'm more of questioning if one game and a remake of said game is enough to establish it as a consistent franchise. I'm well aware it has a fan base.

Like I consider Skies of Arcadia to be a game with a big fan base, and it too has an original game and a slightly upgraded remake. But is it a franchise?

In this context the definition of Franchise is a general title or concept used for creating or marketing a series of products . I'm not sure one product and a slightly improved version of that product constitutes a series.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 08:43:30 AM by DragonmasterDan »
--DragonmasterDan

sirhcman

« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2017, 09:15:21 AM »

Uncharted and Last of Us are the two big Sony franchises that I think about when exclusives come up. I see where Zeta is coming from now after DragonmasterDan decoded some of the message for me :)

Uncharted I'll give you.

But The Last of Us?
 I know there's a higher res version on PS4 but are there any other games in the series thus far? Otherwise you have a single game released multiple times. I know there's 4 main Uncharted plus a Vita one (maybe more games).

after we discussed it in DoxPhile chat http://DoxPhile/chat I read that there is a sequel coming out (release date unknown)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2017, 09:59:44 AM »
Yeah, I guess a sequel doesn't count.  Nobody is allowed to like it until it's released and there's at least eight other games.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2017, 10:03:27 AM »
Yeah, I guess a sequel doesn't count.  Nobody is allowed to like it until it's released and there's at least eight other games.

I wasn't aware a sequel was in the works.
--DragonmasterDan

pressed

« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2017, 10:04:04 AM »
I saw a completed sold listing on eBay for one of these at $475, so maybe buying to resell would be a good call. Even if it makes you a scalper, but this is already a ridiculous item.

you should disable your internet for awhile.

Resellers are a$$holes, I agree, what I said was in bad taste.  I was just pointing out that if someone was crazy enough to spend $100 on it, it's even more ridiculous that someone would pay above that.  I am not in the reseller game personally, and I didn't get the game anyway.  I feel like most of these are going to just sit on shelves collecting dust. 

pressed

« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2017, 10:06:20 AM »
Wowee!  I can buy something I don't want and sell it to make a profit!  That makes me smart!

No, that mindset makes you the biggest problem with retro gaming.

Totally agree. I don't have one, nor will I ever. 

SignOfZeta

« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2017, 10:39:41 AM »
There can't possibly be Playstation fans, are there? Outside of Japan?

RIGHT HERE BITCH

RIGHT.
HERE.

OG PSX OR DIEEEEEEEEEEEE

I don't even use dual shocks.   Dual Shocks are for pussies.

Liking the PS1 doesn’t make you a “fan of the PlayStation”. It just means you like good stuff. The PS1 in particular has an almost infinite software selection, more than a person could ever need. The first system had a real identity as a consumer product too, cool design, shapes for buttons, etc.

But if your fandom is that restrained you prove my point. You aren’t a fan of...aparently anything PlayStation after late 1997. That doesn’t make you much of a fan.

I have PS1, 2, 3 as well as PSP and Vita. I’ve purchased and played more games for these systems than I have for anything else post Sega/SNK. I’m still not a fan. There’s nothing to be a fan of. I use it as an appliance to play 3rd party software. I actually hate almost every single thing about the UI, the store, etc I just need the PlayStation for the same reason one needs socks or gasoline or a ball point pen.

Imagine if NEC had released a game system without Hudson’s involvement. That’s the PlayStation.

The question asked was “why are Nintendo fans so much crazier than fans of other systems” and the answer was is not “because Nintendo rules” rather it’s that there are no fans like that for Sony and MS. There kinda are for Sega and SNK but nowhere near as many and right now the most dysfunctional but monied generation lands right in Nintendo land. America’s mental illness combined with Nintendo's yummy candy...they eat each other up.

What’s Sony going to offer to these sad bastards? I know you’re depressed, here’s some inhuman monster ripping out some guy’s spine? Here’s cars you can’t afford? Here’s a controler that is so blatantly ripped off from our competition, and such a huge flop, that we should have printed an apology on the box? Maybe, but a lot of these people just want to hang out in the Forest with Animals or cry after finishing Earthbound for the 90th time. Sony isn’t in that business, they don’t have the same customers. Different fandoms behave differently.

It’s like comparing fans of record labels. Factory, Blue Note, Quannum, Mobile Fidelity, Dischord...why do they have so many more fans than K-tel or for that matter Sony? Because it’s a dumb question. Think about it. It’s the same reason cool people have more friends.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 12:42:04 PM by SignOfZeta »

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2017, 11:01:12 AM »
Yeah I only buy Playstation because thats where all the JRPGs went.

If it didn't have all the niche-y JRPGs, it would serve basically no purpose to me.

PS1 on the other hand...............

[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.