Author Topic: What happened to...  (Read 1603 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: What happened to...
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2017, 02:12:41 AM »
For TheOldMan: I checked the Protocade huey last night and it was working fine.  :mrgreen:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

lukester

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2017, 05:13:23 AM »
Wasn't Dead of the Brain translated into French?

Maybe I'm confused...but I would love an English translation (I could hobble my way through a French version, though...)

Someone said the script was translated into French but no hacking was ever done.

What happened to the Cyber Knight translation? Still work in progress?

Aladar

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2017, 05:21:21 AM »
1. Bubble Bobble i'm sure it's still chugging along, would just LOVE an update.
I'm really sorry but I got tired (again) and so not much progress in the last six months.
The project is still alive but don't hold your breath...

Dicer

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2017, 05:22:28 AM »
I'm really sorry but I got tired (again) and so not much progress in the last six months.
Just glad its not abandoned, take your time  hurry up choice is yours don't be late...

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

esteban

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2017, 09:04:44 AM »
Just glad its not abandoned, take your time  hurry up choice is yours don't be late...

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Yes. Absolutely. Take your time.

:)
  |    | 

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2017, 07:37:23 PM »
Lol yea retrocade was going to be five games until...

Hucards happened, atlantean didnt suck, and paul wanted to shoothimself because skate or die ii has way too many animation frames.

They really outdid themselves on that games sprites.

Eventually we might recycle stuff and make some stuff so art is not wasted.

Protocade and retrocade were different.   

Man that was awhile ago.   Lol
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2017, 06:07:23 PM »
Is there anyone else that'd be willing to do all the frames of animation of the SoDII Ramp clone?  Black Tiger?

As for Jungle Bros. & Spriggan Mark II, I believe Tom/Bonknuts was up on both of those.  I'm pretty sure I remember him thinking about tackling JB, but that was a couple years ago.  The soundtrack & grafx were near to completion  IIRC.  I havn't looked at my music files on that in a while, so I forget how many songs were left to do, 3 or 4?

I think Bonknuts had RL stuff catch up with him, as it's caught up with me as well.  I haven't made any kind of tunes in over a year!  Sometime in July of last year was the last time I did anything.  I have been working on a project where I'm replacing tracks for a couple of cd games. Namely, Double Dragon II & Super Darius.  I've been finding various remakes of the tunes for them, remixing them a bit, & making them the exact length as the original tracks so that when it doesn't mess up the timing on the cinemas & levels & such.  I'm pretty close to done with Double Dragon II, but I'm stuck on finding a replacement for the Helicopter scene.  This is the only one I've found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDgatImWsD4&list=PL6BoklkwiyPAirpzdGKWcPVxJF2r_bdu5&index=4

It's maybe slightly less repetitive than the NES original, but, still....  If anyone knows of anyother remakes of that song....that would rock my world! :D  I plan on releasing DDII & Super Darius remix ost's to everybody via Esteban who seemed excited about it months & months ago when I first told him about it.

cccmar

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2017, 02:10:33 AM »

Maybe I'm confused...but I would love an English translation (I could hobble my way through a French version, though...)

As someone mentioned, the script was ready, but the patch was never completed... which is a bit of a shame overall. I think things were similar with War of the Dead 1, which is not available in English, unlike its sequel.
We're working on Gaiflame... in fact, we had it translated and mostly hacked a year ago, but somehow we got sidetracked with that game. I think I'll upload the patch and drop the link to it later here on the forum.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 03:20:58 AM by cccmar »

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2017, 05:38:37 PM »
I would love to see the Wizardry games get the rest of the 20% translated someday. :)

esteban

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2017, 12:28:39 AM »

As someone mentioned, the script was ready, but the patch was never completed... which is a bit of a shame overall. I think things were similar with War of the Dead 1, which is not available in English, unlike its sequel.
We're working on Gaiflame... in fact, we had it translated and mostly hacked a year ago, but somehow we got sidetracked with that game. I think I'll upload the patch and drop the link to it later here on the forum.

Ahhh, thank you for the update.

Even with stalled/cancelled projects, this is a good era for PCE fans.

:)
  |    | 

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2017, 09:43:36 AM »
Is there anyone else that'd be willing to do all the frames of animation of the SoDII Ramp clone?  Black Tiger?

Probably, and then you can find someone to program it, too.

lol.   We have other stuff going on now and I'd rather not add stuff to the list.   We've sort of always operated on a 1(ish) thing at a time sort of setup.

I'd almost rather clone one of the gameboy skate or die games.   tour de thrash had the fun sewer ditch skating, and bad n' rad was basically castlevania with a skateboard.

Those games all don't really get enough attention for whatever reason.

They were all really great. 
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Gredler

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2017, 11:13:41 AM »
I thought we were making NEO Blades of Titanium?! Have ye forgotten already? The world is owed a Neo Geo arcade hockey rpg. Is my design doc going to waste?!

esteban

What happened to...
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2017, 12:53:00 AM »
I thought we were making NEO Blades of Titanium?! Have ye forgotten already? The world is owed a Neo Geo arcade hockey rpg. Is my design doc going to waste?!

Hockey RPG is released first, but then it gets a superficial re-skinning and we can call “PowerFubol 11 RPG”.

Nobody is going to notice.

It could be a lot of fun to market the “powerplay” in soccer...
  |    | 

Gredler

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2017, 09:47:21 AM »

Hockey RPG is released first, but then it gets a superficial re-skinning and we can call “PowerFubol 11 RPG”.

Nobody is going to notice.

It could be a lot of fun to market the “powerplay” in soccer...

The NES Hit-The-Ice had a RPG mode but the game never shipped. NHL Hitz 2002 had a great pseudo rpg mode too

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2017, 05:04:35 PM »

Probably, and then you can find someone to program it, too.

lol.   We have other stuff going on now and I'd rather not add stuff to the list.   We've sort of always operated on a 1(ish) thing at a time sort of setup.

I'd almost rather clone one of the gameboy skate or die games.   tour de thrash had the fun sewer ditch skating, and bad n' rad was basically castlevania with a skateboard.

Those games all don't really get enough attention for whatever reason.

They were all really great. 

I gotta play the GB ones again, I never have given them much time.