Author Topic: Quality Genesis Model 2 Scart Cable  (Read 1168 times)

Johnpv

Re: Quality Genesis Model 2 Scart Cable
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2017, 12:26:35 PM »
Why not just contact customer service and have them replace the cable?  I've gotten almost all my cables from them and have only had issues with 1, and when I contacted them about it they quickly just sent out a replacement. 

I had the level of knowledge to switch the two wires, and while having a second cable would have been nice it was just heating up the iron and a swap... about 5 minutes of total work.

This is true, they are really good about getting back with you on restocking, cables, etc. Digi K, don't worry about them as a seller, they do a good job. This is just me as a persistent technogeek bitching about how I had to swap a single wire. But seriously, it should have been correct when it arrived.

But yeah, they're good sellers.

Yeah it should have been but shit happens.  It's an operation of like 2 people building all this shit by hand.  Out of the 9 or 10 cables from them that I've bought I've only ever had an issue with 1, and they did replace it no problem. 

MobiusStripTech

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2017, 09:26:54 AM »
I own an absurd number of cables from retro console accessories. A few things to point out. Both RCA and RGC were building cables quite some time ago that were cable of damaging the Framemeister, yes both. Those cables have not been in production for a long time and they both have stated that they would replace them for people. It also only affected the Boosted Sync cables, not to be confused with Buffered Sync cables.

Now that being said, I personally get them from RCA because she is US based, builds good quality cables, and they are shielded even for the cheap ones. She also offers the fully shielded cables, just like the RGC guys and she offers metal SCART heads if you want them.

My only personal issues with RGC are that he uses Epoxy or Glue or some shit to "seal" his connections inside the cable and he is UK based, so more expensive for shipping, plus whatever the conversion rate is at the time. I do like his circuit boards though.

My last little bit, RCA has a website. She has had it up for a few months. Stop buying the cables on ebay.

http://www.retro-access.com

She sells more cables, with more options, and cheaper if you just go through the web page. Screw ebay and their nonsense.
For mod work and questions email us at mobiusstriptech@gmail.com

Twitter: @mobiusstriptech

Youtube: MobiusStripTech

xelement5x

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2017, 10:57:03 AM »
I own an absurd number of cables from retro console accessories. A few things to point out. Both RCA and RGC were building cables quite some time ago that were cable of damaging the Framemeister, yes both. Those cables have not been in production for a long time and they both have stated that they would replace them for people. It also only affected the Boosted Sync cables, not to be confused with Buffered Sync cables.

Now that being said, I personally get them from RCA because she is US based, builds good quality cables, and they are shielded even for the cheap ones. She also offers the fully shielded cables, just like the RGC guys and she offers metal SCART heads if you want them.

My only personal issues with RGC are that he uses Epoxy or Glue or some shit to "seal" his connections inside the cable and he is UK based, so more expensive for shipping, plus whatever the conversion rate is at the time. I do like his circuit boards though.

My last little bit, RCA has a website. She has had it up for a few months. Stop buying the cables on ebay.

http://www.retro-access.com

She sells more cables, with more options, and cheaper if you just go through the web page. Screw ebay and their nonsense.

Ah, this is nice to know about.  She even has a blog post talking about all the headaches ebay has been causing due to the difficulty managing stock there. 
https://retro-access.com/blogs/news/why-id-really-prefer-it-if-people-use-this-store-over-ebay
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story